Start of 1st year 12u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What some mistake for hip coil is core coil. Again watch the middle move things. The hips coil back or react but once they go forward they pull tight in the opposite direction to give a look of ‘turning’ that is truly sequential load. No active turn. This let’s the core slingshot on top of the lower half pulling the pelvis upwards. And since the glutes are connected to the core and contract at the same time, they help push the hips into extension. Yes the hips are extending but the muscles that surround the pelvis do all the heavy lifting.

Yes the hips are advancing against the middle stretching in preperation for the slingshot. Once contraction begins the hips start extending.

Great example !!

dHdhoPB.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Whats the point Mike? Put words to the clip. Are you agreeing w TM? The scap never comes out? How the heck do we release the barrel? We cast from the top? Do you see that from Ortiz? You guys gotta do better. Ignoring video doesn’t play. As far as posting stuff like this.. This tells me you don’t use the core at all. How could you? Bc you say you do? Come on Mike. Do you not see the scap retract and go back to neutral?

1657799547891.gif

Edit: I don’t care for scap ‘load’. But it’s what folks identify with so I use the term. TM again doesn’t know what HOFers do.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Well good morning fellas, seems like you guys are doing well :ROFLMAO:. Yall might need to grab some coffee or something. :LOL:

I'm overwhelmed with all the responses that came from my original post of trying help anybody who might read it. I'm going to reference it here again for anyone who is interested.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes the hips are advancing against the middle stretching in preperation for the slingshot. Once contraction begins the hips start extending.

Great example !!

dHdhoPB.gif

Yes!! You can see it here clearly. It’s just getting that initial load correct. And not wanting to push from the hips or legs happens often if you can’t maintain the back hip flex.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Yes!! You can see it here clearly. It’s just getting that initial load correct. And not wanting to push from the hips or legs happens often if you can’t maintain the back hip flex.

Yes, I prefer the soft pulse (contraction) up front and when released the the hips will advance forward while the middle becomes stretched against.

Oct 2, 2017
Whats the point Mike? Put words to the clip. Are you agreeing w TM? The scap never comes out? How the heck do we release the barrel? We cast from the top? Do you see that from Ortiz? You guys gotta do better. Ignoring video doesn’t play. As far as posting stuff like this.. This tells me you don’t use the core at all. How could you? Bc you say you do? Come on Mike. Do you not see the scap retract and go back to neutral?

View attachment 26048

Edit: I don’t care for scap ‘load’. But it’s what folks identify with so I use the term. TM again doesn’t know what HOFers do.
In all respect to the video that @Mike-Coach Q posted of TM. He never said it doesn't come out. He stated the he doesn't like the term "LOAD" the scap because it can be interpreted by players to then unload it as action that you perform.

In that sense I would agree

Oct 2, 2017
Let’s just not see the knee flexed then straighten? Does the back leg do that as well? Or does the front foot time the ball?

Notice that scap load react during the stride legs departure? Where’s the early tilt and early scap action? Nobody knows..
To the first sentence yes, it does load during the stride. Which leads to the second portion. Who is teaching to tilt or have "early" scap action?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish