Size up the Easton Ghost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2019
DD has a 33/23 2020 Ghost Advanced and a 2022 Ghost. Both are broken. We originally bought the Advanced in Jan 2020 and Easton replaced it in Feb 2021 even though it was a few weeks out of warranty. (yay!) We bought her a 33/23 2020 Ghost as a 'practice bat' to try to keep stress off of her Advanced, and to ensure she would have a bat if she broke another one. She never leaves the bat in the cold, they are well cared for. I swear I actually sewed a padded, flannel lined bat cozy.

March 7, 2021 -> purchase
March 31 - Sept 15 -> out with ACL reconstruction
October -> broken, replaced under warranty with a 2022 Ghost
January -> broken

So...Easton is going to replace the 2022 Ghost with another 2022 Ghost. They said they really recommend she be swinging a 33/24 but they can't change the drop in a warranty replacement. They are going to replace her 33/23 with a 34/24, provided that request gets approval.

She is 14 (15 in April), 5'7", 175lb, strong (regular impressively strong, not crazy pants 'sit up and take notice' strong). She has no problem with the 33/23, but she was also swinging it well 2 years ago when she was quite a bit smaller.

Would you be okay with going to a 34/24 with her size? How would you feel about a 33/24? We aren't in a situation where she can demo bats that size.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD is a strong, power-hitting, 5'-6", 160+lbs, and currently 17yo. She swung a 33/23 Ghost up until this past summer when she switched to a 34/24. She started with 33/23 (Demarini) at 12yo, started with the Ghost (about 1oz heaver that the Demarini in actual weight) at 13yo.

For your DD, her size could probably handle a 34/24 just fine.

Jun 8, 2016
Only tangentially related to your question, and I don’t know where you live, but while the bats are a wearing a sweater if the balls you are hitting are cold that can cause issues as well.

Dec 11, 2019
Only tangentially related to your question, and I don’t know where you live, but while the bats are a wearing a sweater if the balls you are hitting are cold that can cause issues as well.
Really? I make her leave one in the cozy in the car on cold days instead of keeping both in her bag, and have her keep her bat in a cozy when they are sitting around between games on really cold days. Her bat isn't in a cozy in the dug out, but I definitely push the cozy...

Dec 11, 2019
Looking back at my older bat questions, her spray seemed to matter in understanding her bat size for her. She is a lefty, her hits lately tend to be center-right to right. The one she recently tossed out like it was child's play was deep to far right, but that was her perfect pitch.

Jun 8, 2016
Really? I make her leave one in the cozy in the car on cold days instead of keeping both in her bag, and have her keep her bat in a cozy when they are sitting around between games on really cold days. Her bat isn't in a cozy in the dug out, but I definitely push the cozy...
Yes, cold balls are probably just as bad as cold bats (but according to Goodell not nearly as bad as perfect gas law induced deflated balls..)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Call them on the phone. Nicely worry about all the things that go in your favor and hope for the best.

They did it for me a couple times. Usually I fretted about how the warranty bat didn’t last very long etc etc

They seemed to default to replacing bats.

They also allowed me to replace -10’s with -8’s when we were changing drops.

The ONLY problem I ever had is I usually had to be very patient when replacing -8 bats, they were listed differently and they always acted like they didn’t exist. The customer service people answer the phones. They really aren’t experts or anything. If you are nice to them, they will try to help you but you can tell they probably wouldn’t know which end of a bat to hold.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying