Signed your team up for a tournament BUT THEN...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
that's always a threat with some of these tourneys that use multiple locations. And honestly, even at bigger parks. Lou Berliner Park just south of Columbus has 32 softball fields, all with turf infields. If you're on field 29 all day Saturday, not getting seen the same as field 15 or field 4.

Takes lots of commo from all the players to be sending schedules to coaches to get them to come watch. As well as being in the correct tourneys, attend camps, results, etc.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Do your tailgates have cold rice and cans of tuna ? 😂
Actually on one occasion yes! But not as my first choice...was the only thing left in my refrigerator and cupboard. A parent saw me eating it commented 'look how healthy you eat' I replied this is because there was no bread to make a a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or tri-tip
😁

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That place is the biggest complex I have ever seen. We were supposed to play there in 2020, but the event got scrapped due to the Wu FLu. The biggest place we have on Long Island is seven lighted turf fields. The reason we don't have anything bigger is the cost involved. I used to be the softball GM there, and it cost us $400K per year just to run the field lights.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
No turf..I like it (I hate turf..)
Played a LOT of tournaments there pattar!! Man in the Summer that place can be a different kind of hot!!

It plays hard and fast, the infield is like playing in the parking lot and the grass is really short kept Bermuda ( at least I think it is? ), any line shot that touches the grass is on the fence in a blink!

And any infielder that lets a ground ball with top spin get to it's third bounce is gonna get eat up, it's a two bounce maximum there!! Seen a bunch of bloody faces at Tyger River!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13