Signed your team up for a tournament BUT THEN...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So as a coach you're doing a great job scheduling events for your team.
Trying to select quality fields, places that have clean abundant restrooms and a big snack bar...
BUT THEN
2 days befor tourny you get a text,
Tournament is not being held at the city complex that was promoted anymore. Moved to a location 20 miles from the original assigned tournament Sports Complex and now you're playing on some Elementary School fields...

Whats the reaction to this?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The ole bait and switch. You can complain or even drop out. Read refund policy carefully. Remember the reason they added an elementary school location is probably because they have too many teams. I guess this is another reason to play for bigger name organization. The teams kicked over to the school fields will probably not have a Tyson, Rico, Brashear, etc attached to them.
Make it to Sunday, beat a few of those teams and then write an email.

Jun 8, 2016
I don’t think I have ever eaten food from a snack bar and if I want a guarantee of clean restrooms I stay home. As long as you are playing the same teams and coaches will be there (if that was part of the plan) who cares. Some of you must have been activists in a former life..

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Some of you must have been activists in a former life..
...or have never peed in the woods, and it shows!

The change of location sucks but it is what it is, still playing ball! We've had the ole switcheroo done to us so many times, it's life and it doesn't care if you like it or not.....just beat the piss out of the ball all tournament long and you'll forget where you're playing!

Jun 8, 2016
...or have never peed in the woods, and it shows!

The change of location sucks but it is what it is, still playing ball! We've had the ole switcheroo done to us so many times, it's life and it doesn't care if you like it or not.....just beat the piss out of the ball all tournament long and you'll forget where you're playing!
If it bothers you enough don’t play a tournament run by the same TD again. Sending an e-mail, etc. presumes you are important enough for anybody to care and most of the time you are not..

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
No snack bar, DD is out. I need a snack bar!

DD wanted a permanent bathroom, which they might provide. She hated the temporary ones.

School district did a great job on our fields so that would in itself would not deter us.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I don’t think I have ever eaten food from a snack bar
Really??? 😁 no burger for you? 🍔

and if I want a guarantee of clean restrooms I stay home. As long as you are playing the same teams and coaches will be there (if that was part of the plan) who cares. Some of you must have been activists in a former life..

radness

Dec 13, 2019
No. I usually bring a cooler for myself and remember I usually don’t even leave the parking lot…Not going to pay 10 bucks for gate to spend 3 dollars on a 50 cent hamburger..
I understand tailgating!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom