Showcase team benefits if you don't like the colleges?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
When someone says those colleges are not on my list.
It says we have the resources to go where we want anyway.
Softball opportunity is not top on the list.

So with that.
Consider being a walk on and go to her choice schools camps to get a feel.
Just sayin' if the particular college is the priority, wether they have a need for her type of player may or not be there.
The choice to select only certain colleges could be closing the door on playing. It happens.

Sad but more or less the truth of it-not your first time hearing something like this I gather. ;) Thanks for the good advice, she is going to camps at specific schools she's interested in and will try to walk on if the school she goes to doesn't make an offer. There's always the intramurals.....

Feb 1, 2021
Sad but more or less the truth of it-not your first time hearing something like this I gather. ;) Thanks for the good advice, she is going to camps at specific schools she's interested in and will try to walk on if the school she goes to doesn't make an offer. There's always the intramurals.....
If she knows what she doesn't want, does she know what she does want? My DD had a long list of requirements, but as schools became interested, I noticed the stars in her eyes got a lot bigger and she started to change her tune a little.

BTW, I was a two-sport D2 college walk-on AND played lots of intramurals where I eventually met my wife. Wouldn't trade my college experience or my wife, either one, for the world.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
Most showcases we have been to have their lists of college “regulars” that attend, but also there are many who aren’t on the list who do show up because the players have reached out to them. It begins with the players reaching out to get the colleges they are interested in to come. Unfortunately, if this is a small, local showcase that is held the same weekend as a bigger, well-known regional showcase, your chances of getting non-local schools to show up are pretty low.
Not quite the same but a local girl here committed to a school. She was at PGF's and her future coach was in attendance. The conversation started with "Nice to meet you in person".......

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I imagine they canvassed b/c not all girls on that team wanted to play in college (or haven't given it any thought) and it's a significantly higher amount than we pay now (about $1k). This is just an exercise in curiosity, the new coach was a problem and after 3 years with this organization DD (and at least 3 other girls) moved on to new organizations or just quit softball altogether.

Your second point is the plan! She's made up postcards, profile sheets, videos and reached out to a few top choice schools and plans to attack them all this year (sophomore year). They came in handy as she used them to get "recruited" to her new travel team.
DD's former TB team: We paid $900 in the fall and $900 for the summer. We didn't have flashy uniforms but played in all the top tourneys around the country. Find the right fit for your DD and your family. Keep choppin' wood!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86