Should physical strength be measured

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
No college coach has ever asked about a prospect's Bench press max, Dead lift max, push up max, etc. They are inclined to pay closer attention to Attitude and Effort and of course skill set. The next thing they do is turn their eyes toward the stands observing their parents. LOL.
Thousands of coaches have asked "What is your workout program?"

May 16, 2016
Illinois
No college coach has ever asked about a prospect's Bench press max, Dead lift max, push up max, etc. They are inclined to pay closer attention to Attitude and Effort and of course skill set. The next thing they do is turn their eyes toward the stands observing their parents. LOL.
Daughter has been asked by coaches at camps and at official visits if she works out and what her workout schedule looks like. Did the coaches specifically ask what her max lifts were, no. The coaches are interested in if a player does participate in a regular workout schedule.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Ohhh Vision Training
interested in feedback on what that is and how it went.
I like vision training. Coach had a machine that spit out a mix of small foam orange balls and white balls every second. The task was to face the machine and catch white balls in right hand and orange balls in left hand. I tried it. Wow it was hard. Once you make a mistake, recovery was hard. A lot of focus and concentration needed.
Also, Brian Cain's Concentration Grids are free on line and a good challenge.
Yeah, to a degree strength is needed, but give me a player with great focus and eye hand coordination over the player that hit 7 out of 10 coach pitch balls over the fence but Ks a ton soon as pitching gets a little tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr