Should physical strength be measured

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Got to be honest - not sure if it is the weight-lifting or the weight gained via weight-lifting that makes the ball go farther when hit. When I was about 6 mos pregnant with dd I was still playing in a slow-pitch co-ed league. I had probably gained about 20-25 pounds by that point. The ball definitely went a lot farther at that point than it did in my non-pregnant state. Same swing, no weight-lifting. Just interesting anecdotal info.

Mar 8, 2017
But there is a correlation between playing better and winning. Don't think anyone can argue that being stronger didn't help Barry Bonds, which is why his home run record doesn't count, or Jose Canseco become the first 40-40 player, or Roger Clemens who is disqualified from the hall of fame over his steroid use. The steroid era was probably the most exciting time in baseball history, McGwire vs Sosa in the Home run chase. Sure, strength doesn't make a player good, but it can definitely make a player better.
I said there was no correlation between winning and weight training in baseball or softball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livosbo