Shameless Brag and Have You Seen It Happen?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD's team played a one day tourney last weekend. Single pool, double elimination. They lost pool and first bracket game, then won seven games back to back to win it all. Nine games in one day, seven consecutive wins.

This group of girls (12U) have a no quit attitude and played their rears off after a horrible start. Only had nine for tourney, two were unable to attend.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I have seen 4 and 5 consecutive wins, but no one I talked to has seen 7 in a one day tourney. Just curious how rare this is.

Well the only one grabbing extra money would be the umps at the plate (if that how most of your tournaments run), also I would imagine 1 hour drop dead or it would just about be logistically impossible.

Enough about logistics congrats to the girls and no I have never seen that many games in a day usually on day two you can come through the losers bracket by winning 4 or 5 maybe 6 if you win the if championship game but 7 is unheard of.

Well the only one grabbing extra money would be the umps at the plate (if that how most of your tournaments run), also I would imagine 1 hour drop dead or it would just about be logistically impossible.

Enough about logistics congrats to the girls and no I have never seen that many games in a day usually on day two you can come through the losers bracket by winning 4 or 5 maybe 6 if you win the if championship game but 7 is unheard of.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Of course it happens dude, you're from TN!! ;)

Way to go to the team for marching through the brackets! You lose that first one in DE, it's a long road to the gold.

We've been playing in rather large tourneys ( 30+ teams ), and even with single elimination the champs are playing 7+ games by the end of the day. ( pool and brackets ) Makes me tired just watching.

But yes, winning 7 in a row in bracket play is probably rare, congrats!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Pool was drop dead. 70 min finish the inning. Only three age groups and a ten field complex. Second place team, out of the winners bracket played five.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl