Select team!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
I suggest you first start with an organization that is already established and ask them to help coach a team for the season. Oh and have fun!

I was going to suggest the exact same thing. At this point, it sounds as if she doesn't even know, what she doesn't know, so starting with a support network would be the way to go.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
my $.02?

16U and 18U are the most challenging age groups (especially as a start-up).

First, there normally are not a lot of girls who are not committed to a team
as they aspire to play in college at these ages.

Second, pitching-there are not a great number of 'elite' pitchers waiting around for teams.
Coaches are constantly recruiting at this age group and pitchers are a coach's #1 need.

Apr 23, 2013
Lets not get rude, im asking or help. Not rudeness. For those of you who care, Ive got 4 commited pitchers two at the highschool varstiy level, one who has really good movement but only plays select becase she doesnt like the highschool ddrama, and the last is a fairly decent one. Ive also got to select catchers, who just left teams.

Apr 23, 2013
I really wanted to start with 12, but the girls that want to play for me are too old! Competitive really, but some fun. I dont want to set my goals too high but i want to maybe, maybe hit nationals next year, because i know right now its too early for that.

Apr 23, 2013
Look im extremly serious about this! I know it still may be early, and if i have to wait to start one until next year i will! But id like to have as much help, facts, etc. on this as possible!! any bit helps honestly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG