SEC Network

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Now that I am watching the SEC Network more than any other station, I was wondering how much coverage college softball will get next Spring.....I am excited about the possibilities!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Longhorn network has a lot of their games, the big 10 network did not have much softball. I am with you, I hope the Sec does.

Feb 12, 2014
As someone who doesn't get the SEC Network, my biggest fear is that ESPN will shift games away from the regular channels to the SEC Network. My daughter and I really got into watching college/pro/international/LL softball this year on TV and I'd hate for the number of games available on ESPN and ESPN2 to drop this year.

The Big Ten Network is just terrible with softball. This year, they opted to show 15 year old football game replays instead of the opening round of the conference softball tournament. To me, that's just pathetic. Many of the games they do run are with student announcing crews and student camera operators. While sometimes the announcing on ESPN or other networks may leave something to be desired, it's a big step up from college students doing the games. However, I don't want to complain too much about that or the Big Ten Network might opt to show the 1982 Rose Bowl instead.

The softball coaches in the Big Ten should be furious with the way the sport is covered on the conference network. It has to make recruiting even more difficult in a geographic area that is already behind the SE and West based on weather alone.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
The softball coaches in the Big Ten should be furious with the way the sport is covered on the conference network. It has to make recruiting even more difficult in a geographic area that is already behind the SE and West based on weather alone.

They'd have every right to be upset if they could field teams worth watching, and I say that as an OSU alumnus. As you say, the weather makes trouble for us. We have a short home season, and we are in the middle of Football Central (regardless of what those SEC weenies like to think). My Lady Bucks played their first 10 or so games in FL and NV and CA this season. Hard to drum up interest when the girls are playing elsewhwere. Add to that the fact that Delaney couldn't care less about any other sport but football, couldn't care less about the newer B1G teams like Nebraska that actually field good teams in other sports, and the B1G Network coverage of ANY other sport is mana from heaven.

May 7, 2014
I'm not sure if you all looked hard but I was able to dvr more than quite a few big ten softball games way before ESPN began airing them.

Feb 12, 2014
I would recommend Apple TV to anyone who is a fastpitch fanatic. My daughter and I got to see games starting in March

With Apple TV you get ESPN3, BTN, SEC plus more...

May 9, 2013
How many basketball games? Baseball? Women's sports? Olympic?

At least 450 events will be televised on the SEC Network each year. Of the 450 events, there will be more than 100 men’s basketball games, 60 women’s basketball games,75 baseball, 50 softball and 120 Olympic sports on the SEC Network. More than 550 additional sporting events will be available on our digital platforms. The digital platform will include an outlet, similar to ESPN3, for the other 550 games and a live linear stream of the television network. This content will be available to network subscribers across a range of devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose