RIP to the hit king

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I am not even remotely religious. I don't believe in any deities. But the quote about casting the first stone feels applicable here. You better not live in a glass house if you're going to be casting any stones...

I guess with this logic, we shouldn't have any laws or rules that hold people accountable for their bad behavior? Perhaps you should study the context of that quote in a bit more detail.

I don't care whether Rose goes to the MLB Hall of Fame or not. He was a great player, and also a really crappy person for reasons well beyond gambling on games he was personally involved with. I know there are plenty of HOF players and other famous people who are even worse. One of the great flaws our society is that we put some really crappy people on pedestals because they are good at sports or some kind of performing art. It's no secret that there are often unequal standards and outcomes, especially for the rich, athletic, and famous. However, that doesn't mean that we reject any and all standards of behavior because somebody else wasn't punished enough.

May 27, 2013
Not disagreeing with your point about LT and the football HOF, but unless LT is in the baseball HOF, I don't see the relevance to Pete Rose. Same with OJ.
Like LE said - it’s an analogy. Just pointing out that in all of the various different HOFs there are many inductees of questionable and disgusting character, but they still got in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessgiles9