Ridiculous Cheers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Yes. Just ask KOD and he will tell you. And tell you. And tell you. :)

;):D:cool:

Intensity has a great reputation...for being enormously expensive and having mediocre teams.

KOD has a solid 18U Gold team, and a proven record of getting girls signed. The rest of the organization...

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
They are paying attention. You can't cheer about what's going on in the game if you aren't paying attention.

I like the cheering, I like the girls supporting their teammates, I like the atmosphere it creates.

The one thing I do not like is cheers directed at the other team. I saw Cal State Northridge do this the other night and I thought it was just appalling. Thankfully, the home team beat them. Twice.

Some of the cheers are all in good fun, some are pretty nasty. DD #3 really hated it when she walked a batter and the other team started chanting "WE LOVE FREE BASES". So, whenever the other team's pitcher walked a batter, same thing.

One thing I try to teach DD #3: part of the point of the chants is to distract the other team. So, she needs to learn to tune them out.

Oct 4, 2014
They are paying attention. You can't cheer about what's going on in the game if you aren't paying attention.
it is entirely possible that your team can do both but my experience is different. there is a giant difference between knowing your teammate has 2 strikes on her and paying attention to things that will help themselves at the plate, IMO. ask them what pitch was thrown the last 2 times the pitcher was ahead with an 0-2 count for example and until they can tell you while chanting, cheering, screaming or whatever they do, I would not believe they are truly paying attention. I am speaking of TB here. most girls have the desire to play in HS and college. the sooner they can start truly paying attention the better. again, just my opinion.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
SoCal All-star is crazy cheering and chanting. The opposing coaches love it when they get a pitcher to stare down and look at the dugout between every other pitch. If you got a pitcher looking, your in her head is the general mentality, lol.

Feb 5, 2013
If you got a pitcher looking, your in her head is the general mentality, lol.

Sounds like great sportsmanship. :confused:

As a coach, there are lots of things I teach my girls. But I spend exactly ZERO time teaching them about how they can make their opponents worse ... and all my time on how to improve themselves.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Sounds like great sportsmanship. :confused:

As a coach, there are lots of things I teach my girls. But I spend exactly ZERO time teaching them about how they can make their opponents worse ... and all my time on how to improve themselves.

We spend zero time on cheers. Little league, middle school ball actually sends cheers home.

Feb 18, 2014
Something tells me that the New Jersey teams don't cheer because anything they say can and will be used against them in a court of law.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neojapan