Recruiting Questionnaires for Colleges

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
So DD started filling out those questionnaires for the colleges she is interested in...almost all ask for a Clearinghouse ID. DD started the process via NCAA Clearinghouse, and then it asked for a payment of $70. What is this? I wasn't aware that it was a "membership" with fees. Anyone else know and is it truly required/necessary? Just want to be sure before we pay it. :)

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I don't know if it's absolutely necessary but they do the verifying of your student's grades/ GPA eligibility and amateur status. By having a clearinghouse number a coach can quickly verify you meet the requirements without having to write for transcripts etc.

I am new to this so someone may have a better understanding or additional info. I just paid the money so DD could put the number down. It takes a while to verify everything especially during summer when school administrators might not be working. If you think you'll need it don't wait till the last minute.

Oct 10, 2011
yes

It must be paid to play in the NCAA but can wait till junior year. We did it her sophomore year though.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Better to do it sooner than later. This allows the schools to verify the prospects academic history and ensure that they will be eligible to play in the NCAA. Her questionnaire may be discounted by some schools without the clearinghouse ID. There is not getting around it if you are going to play in the NCAA so you might as well git-r-done!

Feb 12, 2014
This site is awesome ! I looks so smart when I go back our team with all the facts, ideas & tidbits I learn here.

Thank you to all the contributors !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose