Reality show-youth sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Ok so had an idea for a reality show.......

First season is to follow three families around there day to day sports life style. Sports would be softball, football, and gymnastics. Follow the parents and kid and see what life is like in youth sports

Second season would follow, cheerleading, dance, and soccer.

Could this be good TV?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I was thinking something similar the other day, but not a reality show. I think something that digs into the life of tournament-based youth sports would work as a family comedy. The ridiculousness that we see on the field provides plenty of material.

May 27, 2013
I'm pretty sure the silliness and drama that occurs in a local league here could make for a very interesting show by itself - for several seasons!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
SCENE ONE:

A man stands at the back of a dusty minivan, staring into a pile of buckets, bags, ice chests, dirty shirts, and countless half-empty plastic bottles that fills the entire cargo area. His shoulders are slumped down in exhaustion, and his clothes show the stains of infield dirt, sweat, and fruit-punch flavored sports drink. He clearly hasn't shaved in at least 3 days - probably longer.

His voice narrates: "The biggest mistake I ever made was saying, 'Sure, you can play travel ball.'"

SCENE TWO:

Rewind to 3 years earlier...

A father lobs easy pitches to his young (7-yo, maybe) daughter on the front lawn of a quiet suburban neighborhood. After a couple of swings and misses, and a gentle reminder to keep her eye on the ball, the little girl connects and rockets the ball squarely off her daddy's forehead.

Laying flat on his back under a beautiful blue sky, the father slips into a daydream of his now-older (12yo-ish) daughter crushing a ball over the fence and circling the bases to the crowd of her teammates around home plate, celebrating a victory.

The sound of cheers fade into the relentless pounding of his own heartbeat as the pain in his head takes over, and the welt in his forehead turns deep red.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
I was thinking something similar the other day, but not a reality show. I think something that digs into the life of tournament-based youth sports would work as a family comedy. The ridiculousness that we see on the field provides plenty of material.

It's a great idea EF But there is one problem; there is only so much suspended disbelief. Reality is much to unrealistic for Fiction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing