Rbi and hit rules question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2024
Thanks guys. I thought it she should have been credited with 2 hits and 2 rbis. Im not going to make a big deal of it but its kinda sad they told me that and wont give a 12 year old girl credit for her hits and or rbis. Just really rubs me the wrong way.

May 29, 2015
Thanks guys. I thought it she should have been credited with 2 hits and 2 rbis. Im not going to make a big deal of it but its kinda sad they told me that and wont give a 12 year old girl credit for her hits and or rbis. Just really rubs me the wrong way.

I'm going to be that guy . . . apologies in advance.

Is it more sad that they "won't give a 12 year old girl credit for her hits and or rbis [sic]" or more sad that you are being so eaten by this that you are here looking for vindication?

Jul 3, 2024
I'm going to be that guy . . . apologies in advance.

Is it more sad that they "won't give a 12 year old girl credit for her hits and or rbis [sic]" or more sad that you are being so eaten by this that you are here looking for vindication?
You could be that guy. First of all, I was looking for clarification, not vindication on rules I didn't quite understand - read my very first post and like I said in my earlier post I wasn't making a big deal out of it nor did I other than ask very simply and nicely why isn't it while explaining my point very politely and nicely. Secondly, one of her coaches explained to me very nicely some of the rules and why one of them wasn't a hit or rbi and the other I think whoever scored it, scored wrong because what he said happened simply didn't happen so that's all I wanted to know and even though she should be scored another hit and rbi because what they said, didnt happen, I didnt push it as scoring errors happen and I also edited my prev post accordingly and explained to my daughter why which she was fine with.

Now, Ill be that guy too, the only sad thing is someone having an issue with a guy who very politely was sticking up for there 12 year old daughter because she was asking me why she wasn't credited for it as these kids track it and I was just asking why and wanting clarification! It's all good, I wont think about it again after this post!

Jul 3, 2024
I cant edit this but if I could I would remove the post. I wrote this without any clarification on there side of why.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Many of us have been around the block a few times and when looking back on DD's younger days I probably would have reacted the same way. But in all reality, does it really matter in the big picture? You will forget about this but if you even remember this, you might get a chuckle out of it.
Believe me. There were things that ate at me where I felt my DD was slighted, overlooked, didn't receive credit or recognition when it was warranted. I would say take lots of pictures and enjoy the game for what it is.

Jul 3, 2024
Many of us have been around the block a few times and when looking back on DD's younger days I probably would have reacted the same way. But in all reality, does it really matter in the big picture? You will forget about this but if you even remember this, you might get a chuckle out of it.
Believe me. There were things that ate at me where I felt my DD was slighted, overlooked, didn't receive credit or recognition when it was warranted. I would say take lots of pictures and enjoy the game for what it is.
I cant agree more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaGranya