Quitting pitching but still playing perspectives

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD only starting pitching because she was our best fielder at a young age.

If she quit pitching, which would have been fine, it would have caused a ripple effect on the entire team. Players needing to move to different positions and maybe less playing time for them.

Going into the year I would see it being OK, middle of year will cause the coach some problems.

(For the previous posts that mentioned a P struggling I wish them them the best of luck. It can be very hard to be in the circle some days. I will give you my DD's phone #)

Feb 7, 2014
She almost never sits - but her pitching innings have been dropping- so she has been playing OF more and more. She even woke up this morning and took the dog running -after admitting running was her favorite part of the game- she’s a beast on the bases and a good hitter. Sliding under a tag brings her pure joy.

Aside from pitching our DDs ability to hit will take them the furthest.

Watching my oldest she has been through the ups and downs like most. Through three years at college she has been placed at five different positions (with pitcher and catcher being two), however, her ability to hit has kept her in the lineup. I say that to say one of the harder lessons for players to accept is making the most of the opportunities presented. I may think my DD should play ______... but it doesn't matter what I think ;)

If our DDs continue to play, enjoy the experience, learn from the grind then we've done something right.

Soak it in - it goes by fast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coachtomri