Post your best resources for hitting instruction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2012
Much like Crankermo, you lost me at O'Leary. I would characterize most of what he's advocating as a form of PCR(W), which is something you should move on from relatively quickly.

Apr 1, 2013
My daughter trained with Dave Paetkau for three years. The man is a wealth of knowledge and pushes when he needs to.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
straightleg,
I also give you and your DD a Big thumbs up for your videos. Thanks for putting them out there for others to learn. There good to get a new/young hitter started.
I'm always adding to my DVD collection... what are the straightleg videos called? And where can we find them?

May 16, 2011
Punxsutawney, PA
I've been curious what the drawbacks of O'Leary are (without using acronyms....I don't know what the letters stand for). We use it at our high school, what are we missing?

Oct 10, 2011
Slippery Rock

Rdbass...Didn't know you went there...went there a lot to see my brother. An Edinboro man here.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
My best resource is taking my dd to an actual hitting instructor. I may never be a guru, but I've had a much easier time understanding pitching than hitting.
As far as actual resources that I use to help me teach at practices, anything by Justin Stone at Elite Baseball in Chicago. And, god I can't believe I'm gonna admit to having his dvds, Tim Walton.I would love for Gerry Glasco to make a video!

Jan 13, 2012
I've been curious what the drawbacks of O'Leary are (without using acronyms....I don't know what the letters stand for). We use it at our high school, what are we missing?

I don't want to insult O'Leary too much, as I've been very rude to him in the past and have felt badly about it. However, my main issues with his material involve the insistence that the hands aren't active beyond maintaining the hinge angle. Also, he doesn't see very large pieces of the high-level swing puzzle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom