Pocket Radar vs. Jugs Pitch Speed Measurement

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
The thing I've learned about all radar guns is once they get in a parents hand they start reading 2-5 mph slow.

Jun 1, 2013
The thing I've learned about all radar guns is once they get in a parents hand they start reading 2-5 mph slow.

Made me laugh. I bought a Bushnell Velocity last week. ($150) Clocked my pitcher, she was super slow per the gun. I decided the gun was wrong cause no way my 14u stud pitcher was throwing 47-49. After fretting over it a whole day I decided me and the gun could not live in the same house...Refund please! I have slept good every night since.

Nov 8, 2014
Wet blanket here. Who cares what any gun says it is? Does it move? Can she throw a change up? Can she locate pitches? Does she get batters out? Does she win games? A pitcher is a pitcher. Focus on location, movement, improvement and ERA. And definitely make sure your pitcher can field the position.

Apr 28, 2014
I use our gloveradar as more of a gauge of correct mehanics. I catch for DD when we are practicing so it is hard for me to notice minute breakdowns in mechanics. The radar notices. Now keep in mind my DD is 11 and only throws FB and CU's and an occasional curve. As far as bragging :D My DD was telling my 8 y/o DS that she can throw a 48 MPH FB. He grabbed his base ball and threw it as hard as he could and landed it at 53 MPH. DD has not spoke of her speed since :D

Pocket Radar tends to be right on the money as far as speed goes. No need to add any MPH to get to the "real" speed because it is extremely accurate already.

In my experience, it is easier to deduct 2-3 MPH from a Jugs gun if you want accuracy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neojapan