Play It Again

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Today, I went in to Play it Again Sports. They always act like I must be in the wrong store. I started going through the softballs. The salesman asked if he could help me. I said " I was looking for more Dudleys. I bought one yesterday. " He goes "Dudleys?"

I ignore him. Then, he said do you need 12 inch softballs? "Yes." Then, He asks if it was a used softball?

I felt like going "Oh, Hell yes. Like I need another used softball."

Dec 27, 2014
There is one by my office, so I go in periodically to check for balls. Was just in there today. On my knees, sifting through the ball bins. :p
Came out with four that are good enough for pitching practice. Two Dudleys and two Thunderheats. :cool:

Aug 8, 2010
It is like the scene from Cheers when I walk in they know me so well. Instead of "Noorrmmm" it is "Cooaacchh"

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I went into ours a few years back looking for a cold weather bat for DD. The cute little man asked if he could help me and I told him that I was looking for a used fastpitch bat. He said "Oh the baseball bats are right over here". I smiled and told him that I was looking for a used fastpitch softball bat. He looked confused and said "I thought that the only ball they fastpitched was a baseball". Bless his heart.

Jun 12, 2015
Every time I go there it feels like a waste of time. I've never found a deal worth the drive there. Maybe it's just the one nearest me. But it seems very overpriced for being used (sometimes very well used) stuff.

Sep 17, 2009
Every time I go there it feels like a waste of time. I've never found a deal worth the drive there. Maybe it's just the one nearest me. But it seems very overpriced for being used (sometimes very well used) stuff.

I agree. BUT they sell used tennis balls *really* cheap, good for various drills....

Jul 25, 2015
The one near me is great... The owner is like a crack dealer, calls and says "I just got so and so in, figured you might be interested..." and like the junkie, I say "put it back for me, I will be by tomorrow to pick it up"...

Now, he never has used softballs, so either I am not high enough on that list to qualify for the call or everybody down here beats them to death then throws them away...

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Unfortunately, ours closed years ago. Now the closest one is an hours drive away. Yet, my car always seems to pull into that parking lot all on it's own every time we have a tournament that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13