PITCHING

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2019
To best disguise different pitches how much will the plant foot move to the left or right of the power line without giving a particular pitch away?
Or, do you think it matters and why?

May 17, 2012
Even at the highest level of 'A' ball it doesn't matter much. If you called out the pitch so the batter knew it still wouldn't make much of a difference.

Focus on other things that matter more.

Just my experience.

Sep 29, 2014
If you aren't starting off from a different spot on the pitching plate I don't think it's much of a tell. Now from a mechanics perspective you don't want to be that far off the center line (relative to where you push off) no matter what pitch you are throwing but that's a completely different discussion

Nov 18, 2013
On a screwball some pitchers will put their landing foot very near or even outside the pitching lane. Good hitters can pick up on it, but pitchers will throw some other pitch occasionally from the same landing spot to keep hitters guessing.

What’s far more common is the third base coach reading the pitch from the grip and relaying it to the hitters. I think it’s bush league at younger ages, but it’s common as they get older and in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardSwinson