pitchers cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My dd pitches.... and as you know the drag foot cleat is destroyed in no time. So I decided to pay a little more and get a pitchers toe cleat. 3N2 Rally PT (about $100) within the first couple games this past spring they too were falling apart. I'm needing advice from others in my shoes. Please and thanks, James

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
We buy nothing other than Ringor cleats with the pitching toe. They are almost bomb proof... My dd has had her latest pair for about a year, she pitches 4-5 days a week on sand year round and has a full summer season on them. They still look like new.

Apr 25, 2010
Ditto on the Ringors. Worth every penny! The pair my DD is currently wearing has gone through 2 seasons with 2 different pitchers (hand me downs) and frankly, she could maybe get a 3rd year out of them.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
To my knowledge... there are only three brands. 3N2, Ringor, and Tanel that make a true PT design from the factory... I like the round cleating design on the ball of the foot on ringors... but I heard they're really heavy...

Jan 24, 2009
Ringor Diamond Star with pitcher's toe > all. Sizing is tricky since you mail order Ringors. They run VERY small. Ringor informs you of this but even they undershoot by a couple of half sizes IMO. At least that was our experience.

Apr 25, 2010
They are kind of heavy, but not heavy enough to really have an effect. It's not like they are tying bricks to their feet...lol. My DD loves hers and is one of the fastest girls on her team. Actually, when she wears lighter shoes, she ends up with knee pain.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
My DD is funny about her shoes. After wearing through a number of less sturdy cleats, I bought a pair of Ringor indoor shoes and also cleats. They are indestructible- but DD found the cleats heavy (has no problem with indoor shoes), so much so that she had convinced herself it made a difference to her pitching. So- I paid for another set of cleats that felt comfortable- she went thru two pairs in 4 weeks (both of them ripped on her pitching toe)- I then found a product called "Tuff Toe" which you can apply to cleats- this worked like a dream. She found a pair of cleats that felt good- I applied the tuff toe (and truly if I can do it- anyone can)- and the stuff makes the toe indestructible (of course it did not look as NICE as the picture- but you can't have everything:)). Thus you can take any shoe that your daughter prefers to wear, and turn it into an extremely durable pitching shoe.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I was too cheap to buy my DD Ringors until her foot stopped growing because she was outgrowing her cleats every 6 months regardless. Now that she has stopped growing, I only buy Ringors with the pitching toe. Be sure to check the 'special offer' tab on their website - great savings if you can find the right color/size! I also get periodic emails from them with 15-20% off 'one day' sales, so put your name on their distribution list.

http://www.ringor.com/sale

Dec 7, 2011
So I have been a BIG Ringor fan for about three years BUT my pitching DD here has discovered a Mizuno spike that has been better to her than the Ringor.

The Ringor has a great durable guard on the drag toe BUT it seems to seperate from the leather part of the shoe prematurely. (Note that my DD is a BRUTE in the circle - 5'11" and 160lbs of muscle).

The Mizuno has a plastic guard that goes further up towards the laces and that has done the trick to make the seam last. Along with that DD says they feel lighter and more "athletic".

If anyone needs a model number I can look it up tonight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1