PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
That's what stands out to me...
is that people generally will complain about umpiring/rules when the other team/pitcher is beating them.

It's not really the rules that matter,
As much as it is the agony of defeat that prompts deflecting losing.
Definitely..The mind games are part of the game though..need to learn how to deal with them.

May 17, 2023
And most of those hits are caught in travel ball. When your HS team has two starters in the outfield who wear pink helmets when they bat, you know you have holes.

Exactly if you aren't a big strikeout pitcher having a good defense or a pink helmet one can make or break you.

Jun 8, 2016
:ROFLMAO: I knew exactly what he meant when mentioned that
After the Sox won that long awaited WS in 2004 they gained a bunch of new fans, many of whom would wear these stupid pink Sox hats. The long suffering fans started calling them the "pink hats"..

Jun 7, 2016
"She lost a game to a local Catholic school 1-0. In that game, she allowed one hit to the opposing pitcher, who that day, at least, found her control. It was surprising to me because I've seen the opposing pitcher walk 12 girls, hit five, and throw four wild pitches in the same game, and she's a D1 recruit, too."

Yes, looked up the score later. that is the game. And you summarized it well. I knew it could be a close game, as I said DD played against St. Joe (and with a couple of their players in TB) for 4 years and some of the players were still known to me.
I dont believe I ever said I was cheering for her to fail, just curious to tune in and see whether the player lived up to the advanced billing. That is why I am hoping to be able to get to see her in a game or two this spring. I am not invested any longer, but still enjoy watching the games and seeing good talent.
Reading of her accomplishments in both HS and on the travel circuit, I dont think anyone can deny her achievements.

Jan 22, 2011
After the Sox won that long awaited WS in 2004 they gained a bunch of new fans, many of whom would wear these stupid pink Sox hats. The long suffering fans started calling them the "pink hats"..

I was confused for a minute. The White Sox won that long awaited WS in 2005.

Oct 4, 2018
I have noticed over the years there is a crowd out there who quietly roots against these top players in school ball. We had pitcher/catcher in same class who won two state titles basically on their own.

Yet I routinely heard other parents and opposing fans talk about they weren't really that good. Or couldn't believe they could play on the top TB team regionally.

Both went on to P5 schools and have had good success. The reason they are a top TB player and D1 recruit is because they can give a top team a chance to win. It isn't because they blow every hitter away or never make outs at the plate. Just because Sally got a bloop hit doesn't mean the girl can't work through an SEC lineup, as she has proved.

Fine point.

I've heard parents say "she's not that good" when the girl just beat your team, pitched a 3-hitter, and is ranked top 10 in her class.

"Uh, what's a good pitcher look like then?"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish