Pay to Watch NW Mid State?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I have pay like 800 bucks a year in gate fees to watch a 13 YO to play what sometimes resembles softball..50 bucks a year for college ball is a steal ;)
Don't expect gate fees to go away for some college ball. I just paid gate fees to watch my DD's play in Regionals. My DW who couldn't attend in person watched the livestream with glitchy video, at times no sound and for periods of time no announcer (and honestly it was probably better than half the conference games).

You would think that with a small amount of effort these schools could find some students who know how to video and use social media to broadcast these games. Often they will have multiple cameras but only use the one high above the backstop making it difficult to see action at home plate or to even see 1rst or 3rd (which then also eliminates Right or Left field. Just ridiculous that they seem to not care.

Jun 8, 2016
Don't expect gate fees to go away for some college ball.
My kid doesn't want to go school anywhere near here (at least right now..but I doubt that will change) so I doubt I will be worrying about that even if she does play..lol.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My kid doesn't want to go school anywhere near here (at least right now..but I doubt that will change) so I doubt I will be worrying about that even if she does play..lol.
IF she does play you'll likely be justifying airfare, car rentals and hotel costs (and it will be worth it, even if she is playing for Podunk U warming the bench)!

Jun 8, 2016
IF she does play you'll likely be justifying airfare, car rentals and hotel costs (and it will be worth it, even if she is playing for Podunk U warming the bench)!
For my wife maybe, not me. I thought you knew me better than that. When I go now it is mostly out of a feeling of obligation but the feeling isn't strong enough to justify $700 10 times a year..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom