Don’t Pay a Coach to Watch Your Daughter Practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
The other day I was speaking with my friend James Clark (Coach James), a top-level pitching coach from Indiana. He is the owner and chief instructor at United Pitching Academy. We were talking about some of the challenges of working with pitchers when he said something I thought was quite profound, and quite accurate. James […]

More...

Oct 12, 2020
I teach English literature and I tell my kids the same thing: The reading you do at home on your own is more important than anything we do in the classroom. If you're doing your job right, that's when you are developing your skills.

Jun 8, 2016
And a cup, helmet, and a catcher's mitt. All of those still don't guarantee your safety as my broken toe from August can attest to.
I was able successfully steer my DD towards never having any interest in pitching. On the other hand my DS is telling me he wants to pitch when he gets to kid pitch and there is no way that this won't shorten my life by at least 30 years (and it won't have anything to do with any injuries I might sustain while catching him..)

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Putting in the time is absolutely necessary after they have clearly and correctly been taught the mechanics being worked on and given some understanding of the goal. Then it comes down to quality practice...being mindful doesn't always come easily and is something that in and of itself requires practice.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
This was something DD’s PC preached from the first day we started with him. And even though DD doesn’t pitch anymore, we still continue this concept in all other aspects of her game.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Putting in the time is absolutely necessary after they have clearly and correctly been taught the mechanics being worked on and given some understanding of the goal. Then it comes down to quality practice...being mindful doesn't always come easily and is something that in and of itself requires practice.
Mindfulness is a concept that if grasped/practiced can catapult a player into greatness. Or at least become a lot better. I tell players after they hit a laser that one hops the fence and they are standing on 2nd base celebrating, take a mental video of what just happened. Pitch type and location, how it felt, etc. File it for future visualization.

May 17, 2012
The next private hitting/pitching/fielding coach that refuses my money for a lesson will be the first. The next paid lesson isn't conditional that the player did or didn't do their homework. The instructor always takes the money regardless so I don't want to hear about it as a parent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2