over heard at the ball field

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 17, 2010
Very cute... DD's coach keeps a garden sprayer filled with water in the dugout - cools down the players on hot days AND keeps the boys off the fence :)

I prefer the car battery and jumper cables attached to the fence! Keeps the boys away for good! :)

Nov 27, 2010
Way to easy for the girls to beat the boys! Four boys hanging out watching the final pool play game of the day in a tournament last summer. They all thought it would be no problem hitting off my DD. Knowing most of them I told them to get a helmet and step in. Granted 3 of them were in bare feet, but 3 of the 4 were rung-up and one hit a very weak grounder to 3b and beat the throw. Oh, and I was calling the pitches......out loud! New respect is right. Very few boys will practices as hard as these girls, not to mention all the extra pitching practice the girls do.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Lol...
Wish I had a dollar for every time I ran some boys off my practice! ;)

During fall ball, there were two boys at the park that I would run off every day. I finally got tired of it and put them to work as my field maintenance guys. Every Saturday, whether I was home or away, I didn't have to worry about the fields being set up properly. They moved pitching plates, bases, hand dragged, watered, and chalked before every game. I paid them $20/week (most of their work was on Saturdays, but they came during the week to help out also), and they got to be the "cool boys" that were allowed INSIDE the fence with the girls.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Last night I went to a HS game straight from the office. A girl who I have known since she was 8 says. Coach (Im not her coach anymore) I like that shirt. Pink looks good on you. I say K I am not wearing a pink shirt. She takes her sun glasses off and says, O well I like that color too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl