Ouch!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Tell her that next time she dunks to make sure she uses more wrist. You don't want to mistime it and have your finger get caught in the net.

I need to come up with a really cool story for her. Something about some big, mean, playground bully who was charging hard in the paint. She shut him down hard, and made him slink away in shame, but it cost her a finger.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
When we first married in a 4 week span DW broke her nose while I was teaching her to catch a softball (oops) and then broke her hand on a basketball pass much like the OPs DD though fracture was to a bone in the hand not finger and I was not involved in that one. Her coworkers wanted to know if I was beating her and if she needed to go to a shelter. That was a bit awkward but she got a good laugh out of so it was OK.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I need to come up with a really cool story for her. Something about some big, mean, playground bully who was charging hard in the paint. She shut him down hard, and made him slink away in shame, but it cost her a finger.

She could say her finger got stuck between the rim and the ball when she was rejecting a dunk attempt.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
When we first married in a 4 week span DW broke her nose while I was teaching her to catch a softball (oops) and then broke her hand on a basketball pass much like the OPs DD though fracture was to a bone in the hand not finger and I was not involved in that one. Her coworkers wanted to know if I was beating her and if she needed to go to a shelter. That was a bit awkward but she got a good laugh out of so it was OK.

She could have said the hand was a "boxer's fracture", and it happened while she was getting her revenge.

Jun 21, 2010
Some people are hardcore. A girl on DD's team played with a broken thumb. Her dad taped it tight and she finished the season. Doctor said dad did a great job with the tape and it actually helped with the healing process. Between summer and fall she was in a brace.

I cringe when DD tells me about what they do in PE. She's limping around today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle