One of 40 "Invitees"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I'm sure it's possible that more than forty are invited. If they aim to have forty girls there, then they most likely invite more than needed. It's like colleges--they send out a ton of acceptance letters, KNOWING that some of the kids will say no.

Luckily, with this the first 40 get preference... with college, big difference. My friend is going to be a freshman at Virginia Tech. They accepted too many freshman and now they don't know where they are going to house them all.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Oh, I am sure there are folks that post on the big softball forums that their kid is talking to school XYZ, ABC, and University of Bullcrap after they get those letters.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
First of all congrats. Here is an old mans perspective. My DD got an invitation from the Triple Crown Series to play in a National tourney in 2011 in NYC, after we played a tourney in OKC. It will only cost me 5 grand. I'll pass.

Next, I got invitations for years in travel baseball, but each seemed more of an opportunity for the college or host to make money. "Sure so and so, you got what it takes. Come to our camp for $2500 and we will have 20 college scouts looking at you". So just be ware of the scams.

If I'm off key, I apologize. It may all be legit. I got D1 on my HS stats not travel. But I was a baseball pitcher, and that was 20 years ago.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
CB, I've seen your DD pitch and hit in video. She is very talented. No BS. An education is what you are after now, not college bragging rights. HArd decisions are ahead. Good luck Buddy. Keep me posted on progress, mine is just a sophomore this year. This sport is much different than I'm use to.

GD

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Sounds like you all had a great time. May look into this for next year.

We moved up last fall and won all 3 16u's we were able to play in. ( weather and HS volleyball plays a factor with my players ) We were scheduled to play our first 16u of this year, this weekend. But we have 'excessive heat warnings ' all week and I chose to opt out. My nephew was playing in a Connie Mack WS qualifier this past week and they had 4 boys fall out from the heat. ( none from his team )

If you don't mind I'm going to PM you a list of 16/18's and see if you have gone against them and give me the 'scoop'.

Thanks GD

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
We hit 103' yesterday, and broke the heat index record at 127. I'm 37 and have NEVER felt that kind of heat before. I worked for 3 hours out in it, started not feeling so good. It zapped all my energy.

On a good note, we have a new small indoor facility to open Sept 1st about half a mile from my house. Only 2 batting lanes and 2 pitching lanes. My understanding is it is set up for baseball, but I'm going to go by there soon to see if 'money' talks. Be nice to have a close indoor for winter pitching and hitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy