USA Olympic Selection Trial Invitees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Kind of the “same old/same old”.

Keep bunting runners to second and being really good at fielding ground balls.

Carda? Whhaaaaaaaat?

Nice silver, coaches. Keep up the good work.
Yeah it wouldn’t have killed them to add 1 “basher” to the team..substitute for them in the field at the end of games if you have to.

I wonder how the COVID/injury thing mentioned impacted the selection.

Dec 11, 2010
Yeah it wouldn’t have killed them to add 1 “basher” to the team..substitute for them in the field at the end of games if you have to.

I wonder how the COVID/injury thing mentioned impacted the selection.
Oh my gosh yes. Is Pleasants the only bomb dropper? Did they not see Hemphill change game after game last year? Alo? You got room for highly valuable P/U Carda? Well maybe she can utilility a few runs across the plate.

Come on. Abbott? Fouts? You can keep the runs down, did they not figure out that SCORING RUNS was the problem in Tokyo?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Speed is awesome but speed doesn’t score when you can’t get them on base and make something happen.

Silver sucks.

I’m peeved.

Jun 8, 2016
I heard Alo didn’t hit well at the last trials, wonder if the same thing happened this time to the point where her defensive “problems” were too much to overcome.

Dec 11, 2010
I think it counts against her and Hemphill that they can’t run. I gotta tell you, I’m not totally fond of that either but it’s tough to defend hr’s…

It seems like we are playing Japans game, not playing our game.

I’m baffled by Kowalic too. She does everything well, she is dangerous on offense, fast, can play cf or catch, is a poster child for what a softball player should be. Nope. We’ll take 3 other c’s…

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hmmm does anyone actually think there are really tryouts for a national team?

Not me.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Oh my gosh yes. Is Pleasants the only bomb dropper? Did they not see Hemphill change game after game last year? Alo? You got room for highly valuable P/U Carda? Well maybe she can utilility a few runs across the plate.

Come on. Abbott? Fouts? You can keep the runs down, did they not figure out that SCORING RUNS was the problem in Tokyo?
They will have to swing the bat stop watching those third strikes go by.

Jun 8, 2016
I think it counts against her and Hemphill that they can’t run.
In that case why even invite them? They were not going to become Usain Bolt in the 7 months since the college season ends..Plus why take Hansen over Kowslic in that case? I think they just rank the best defensive players at each position and then if there is a “tie” they take the better hitter.

That said how many of these players will actually play in the next Olympics? Abbot will be 100 YO the next time softball is in the Olympics..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478