USA Olympic Selection Trial Invitees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
They will have to swing the bat stop watching those third strikes go by.
You got that right. Is that an unintended consequence of “trying not to strike out” attitude vs. trying to hit the ball hard or what is your thoughts on that?

Dec 11, 2010
In that case why even invite them? They were not going to become Usain Bolt in the 7 months since the college season ends..Plus why take Hansen over Kowslic in that case? I think they just rank the best defensive players at each position and then if there is a “tie” they take the better hitter.

That said how many of these players will actually play in the next Olympics? Abbot will be 100 YO the next time softball is in the Olympics..
Agree. They are kind of in a position where they have to invite them I guess.

And also agree it is a bit of a futile exercise at this point.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
You got that right. Is that an unintended consequence of “trying not to strike out” attitude vs. trying to hit the ball hard or what is your thoughts on that?
Well started a post that said...
if you're not going to swing at strikes,
tell the coach so they can put someone else in to bat for you.

imo
Fastpitch is about being on the attack.
Either be on the attack or be attacked.

Letting the other team's pitcher throw really good hittable pitches get by a batter (strikes) is allowing yourself to be attacked.
If you don't do something about being on the attack will lose when facing control.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My Olympic/ National team suggestion

Have at least four separate teams go train and come together to play each other in a tournament to decide who comes out on top.

Let the true elite team rise!

It was said upon the first usa Olympic team that there could have been several usa Olympic teams that all could have competed in the Olympics.
Believe that is true.
Because there are many great players of Elite Talent.
* if we do not give all the talent the opportunity to show their stuff against eachother....
The team will continue to be an opinion,
and Talent will always be left out.

HEART and the effort it takes to earn a spot imo is a Superior Motivator...

Dec 11, 2010
Fastpitch is about being on the attack.
Either be on the attack or be attacked.

Letting the other team's pitcher throw really good hittable pitches get by a batter (strikes) is allowing yourself to be attacked.
If you don't do something about being on the attack will lose when facing control.
I like that a lot, especially the bold.

Feb 15, 2017
In that case why even invite them? They were not going to become Usain Bolt in the 7 months since the college season ends..Plus why take Hansen over Kowslic in that case? I think they just rank the best defensive players at each position and then if there is a “tie” they take the better hitter.

That said how many of these players will actually play in the next Olympics? Abbot will be 100 YO the next time softball is in the Olympics..
Bailey is not fast but she's not hitting grounders through the infield. Where she hits them she has continued to get multiple base hits. Team USA has one big bopper in Bubba. They haven't figured out the era of one run games in the Olympics is over. Japan was beating the same teams USA played and were beating them buy five and six runs, and USA was winning 1-0.

It's sad to see them sticking with the small ball philosophy that Erickson had that never worked out.

Also can't you use the DP Flex in international softball? If so, problem solved.

And as an aside Bailey has great plate discipline which there wasn't a lot of in thr Olympics.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22