One More TCB Question...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I just came across the instructions that came with the TCB balls and notice how it stresses soft toss. I have been speeding up the front toss with them this season and I was wondering if velocity is something that you pay attention to?

I would say that rather than soft tossing in a lob, I have been tossing more quickly on a flairly flat trajectory.

I wasn't paying attention to the recommendation to limit the number of hits to 12-18 each time and now I'm wondering if I should pay attention to the speed too.

Oct 19, 2009
I do front toss also and have seen a number of coaches that also do front toss with baseball size TCB balls, It has not been a problem for me and I have not seen it be a problem for other coaches.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
PA
I've always understood the directions to mean that you do not want to throw these balls overhand to the batter. I front toss with them all the time. I do not let anyone throw these balls overhand, even if they are fooling around and playing catch with them.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I would add, that they are trying to protect themselves, just in case someone is hurt or breaks their bat. :) I toss them as hard as I can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz