Off Topic of Softball-Girls Arrested for 'Cyberbullying'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have been wondering why laws like getting an Order of Protection, wouldn't work in these cases? That would put the responsibility on the offender, to not contact the person she was abusing.

I believe that the mom of the 14 yo, was arrested, on other charges. So, the older girl is just mimicking what she sees at home, I think.

Aug 6, 2013
My DD just turned 12. I can not fathom in any way this scenario happening - Am I naïve to think ‘It cant happen here’

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
My DD just turned 12. I can not fathom in any way this scenario happening - Am I naïve to think ‘It cant happen here

Probably. I think we'd all like to think our kids are mature enough and we've brought them up well enough to not be involved in the bullying side and if they were on the receiving end that they would handle it better, talk to us, etc. but to think it can't happen is probably naive.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I encourage everyone to monitor their Kid's social media to keep this in check, you might find out some things you don't like and have to keep mum about it, but it is worth it to keep this from happening. Some people can be pretty cruel, more so when they have a keyboard protecting them and do not have to face the consequences of their actions. Being able to identify this quickly and nip it in the bud is important. If I find my daughter doing anything cruel to another kid online, it will be stopped immediately and she will be at that families house with a heartfelt apology immediately. if I see the opposite I will be on the parents doorstep for a conversation Just as quickly. You don't have to like everyone, but there is no reason to harass anyone, ever.