No softball in 2028 Olympics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Los Angles apparently has omitted softball from their scheduled sports in 2028. Here's the article:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
How about cornhole?
Nope dont see it.

But handball made it.

Aug 21, 2008
Guys, this is about money. Pure and simple. Olympic cities have to pay for housing, transportation, meals, medical care, etc. for all athletes. Softball has 15 players per team, plus coaches and staff. Up to 20 people per team. This is why Tokyo only had 6 teams when others had 8 teams.

You might think softball belongs. I don't disagree. But breakdancing is individuals, not team sports. Or the teams are small. Not 20 people. This is what it's all about, the money.

Aug 21, 2008
Everybody thinks their sport should not only be in the Olympics but be shown primetime on TV. Everyone thinks their sport is the greatest game on Earth. Not everyone can be right about that. A sport I might think is boring may be popular by others.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Team handball is a popular sport in Europe, and has been part of the Olympics since 1972 (women since '76). Personally, I find it quite entertaining. This is not the same sport as swatting a little ball off a wall with your hand.
Yes I am familiar with handball. It's just something that doesn't necessarily exhibit a lot of viewers as far as television... that I have noticed anyway.
Cornhole does on prime channels and times.

* I don't scan all the ESPN channels maybe it's hiding in there.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yes I am familiar with handball. It's just something that doesn't necessarily exhibit a lot of viewers as far as television... that I have noticed anyway.
Cornhole does on prime channels and times
* I don't scan all the ESPN channels maybe it's hiding in there.

You're looking at it from a US-biased viewpoint. The Olympics is not just for sports that are popular in the US.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA