Team USA vs Japan

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hoyer5060

Sometimes you win, sometime you learn.
May 2, 2021
The Olympics are also very Euro centric in sport selection and out side of Italy baseball is thought of poorly in Europe. Look at sports that in there that are extremely niche rich people sports (fencing, dressage etc.) Hell Paris is using one of their local sports picks on breakdancing (welcome to 1984), they are keeping surfing but hold it in Tahiti which last time I checked is nowhere near Paris. Any sport that is most popular in the western hemisphere is at a disadvantage to start with. Heck even mens soccer is a U-23 tournament, so as not to compete with the World Cup.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
No. There are Baseballteams in nearly every european country. Like the Netherlands , Germany, Czech,Italy, Spain, Belgium, Russia.
And MLB players at the olympics? You have to stop the USA league, gives no money to the owner of the teams, injured player from olympics- maybe will miss the whole saison? Doping control....

Last edited:
May 21, 2018
View attachment 23315
Stolen from another forum.

This requires no explanation.

And I’ll add that the price of my Howard Dobson instructional hitting video DVD I was going to put on EBay tanked in the last week.
Takes a lot of patience to wade through that cesspool of a forum. Almost as bad as Midwest Fastpitch.

Dec 11, 2010
Takes a lot of patience to wade through that cesspool of a forum. Almost as bad as Midwest Fastpitch.
LOL! You nailed it!

Yeah, there are some real knuckle heads posting on both. There are some super high softball I.q.’s on that other one.

I don’t want that crap at my beloved DFP but for some reason I don’t mind it there. Probably because I’m just surfing for info, not posting.

I have to say…. Midwest Fastpitch has a very low softball i.q. Painfully low. If I wasn’t interested in stopping by to look for Quinn and Conroy posts I would never go there.

Jul 31, 2015
The Olympics are also very Euro centric in sport selection and out side of Italy baseball is thought of poorly in Europe. Look at sports that in there that are extremely niche rich people sports (fencing, dressage etc.) Hell Paris is using one of their local sports picks on breakdancing (welcome to 1984), they are keeping surfing but hold it in Tahiti which last time I checked is nowhere near Paris. Any sport that is most popular in the western hemisphere is at a disadvantage to start with. Heck even mens soccer is a U-23 tournament, so as not to compete with the World Cup.

FIFA has more money and more power than the IOC. So soccer at the Olympics will always be a sideshow, so as not to compete with the World Cup.

But, yes, the Olympics are very Euro-centric.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
This is from Cat Osterman's blog.

Are we just acting like spoiled Americans about the fields? IDK, Maybe? Does it matter?

"In regards to us playing on a baseball field, this is the custom over here in Japan. Also, to get back in, we had to combine with baseball, and part of that was making it economically beneficial, which means one field, and sharing! But to the first point… Japan has the best professional softball league, and it’s completely played on converted baseball fields. It’s not a slap in the face, it’s just how they do things here, and to be honest, to play in the Olympics, I’d play in a parking lot (well, that might be a tad exaggerated). We don’t mind. After 13 years, the Olympics have begun for softball, and the six teams here are stoked to showcase our sport."

Dec 11, 2010
@texasck1 that is the info I was looking for a couple days ago. Thanks.

Maybe we should take a lesson from the Japanese. There are several minor league bb parks 20-40 minutes from my house. I’d love to go watch fastpitch. Preferable a double header, men’s and women’s.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Watching teams/players who just keeping taking big swings in any/every situation...
Without adjustment in strategy.
(pitch selection/approach)
imo
Limits putting pressure on the defense.
Limits potential runners on base.
Lets pitchers control the game more.

All things that expose a week offense.
Low batter production
Low runners
Pitcher controlling batters

Really just commenting that maybe a mental approach
(coaching approach?)
maybe effecting what was seen by US.
Do see this at certain colleges and other levels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee