"No Monthly Dues.."??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Birmingham Thunderbolts in AL doesn’t charge dues to the younger teams 16U and the 18U “Premier “ team is pretty much fully funded. Each girl pays $300 and then everything but meals are taken care of….. Travel, Hotel, Equipment, etc….. The younger teams typically split the tournament buy-in with whomever attends the tournament. They also have a private complex to practice at that is pretty freaking awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2019
Yeah only a couple team's here near me no cost for players at all. But all funded by big local company. Sounds nice for the wallet.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah I know of a few teams that have no dues or fees required must be nice. All donations and sponsors

I know a few as well.

One team is just a fairly wealthy daddy ball coach who pays for everything for everyone. People quit his team often (because he's a jerk) but he easily attracts top talent based on his W/L record and the fact he pays for everything.

Oct 4, 2018
I've seen teams with no dues or very little because one of the coaches funded and I've seen a former D1 player have a team that was pretty good and funded by Rawlings.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Me too. Some of the best teams we've played are "no dues" and/or coached by former D1 players.

Oct 4, 2018
Birmingham Thunderbolts in AL doesn’t charge dues to the younger teams 16U and the 18U “Premier “ team is pretty much fully funded. Each girl pays $300 and then everything but meals are taken care of….. Travel, Hotel, Equipment, etc….. The younger teams typically split the tournament buy-in with whomever attends the tournament. They also have a private complex to practice at that is pretty freaking awesome.

And they are good.

We've never beaten them. :(

May 16, 2016
I've never been on a team with "Monthly Dues". Team forms a budget, tells parents how much they owe for season. Some teams have allowed parents to pay half up front, then second half mid-way through season.

OK... I am impressed.

1624033973613.png

Complex Information: 2 fields with 100% FieldTurf surfaces and 200-foot fences. Unless it's raining at the time of the game, then we will play on time. Fields drain up 18-inches of rain per hour. For more info go to www.fieldturf.com We have plenty of parking, handicap accessible bathrooms and concessions. You are welcome to bring your cooler.

Nov 18, 2013
The EC Bullets 18U covered uniform, air and hotel. Not sure if it was sponsored or covered by other teams.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles