New Team: Think we have found a home

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
DD accepted an offer from a new team in late August. It was a great decision! It has been about a year since we have seen such fire in her. Her confidence is coming back, she looks forward to every practice and can't wait to play more tournaments with these girls.

We had our first tourney this past weekend and she was all smiles and disappointed when it was over. For the past two mornings that is all she talks about.

This is a complete turn around from a few months ago as she was thinking about quitting due to all of the drama and negativity that surrounded her old team. My heart broke every time she would talk about it. Not because she was talking about quitting, but because she would say "I still love the game, I love softball; but I won't play anymore if this is how it will always be". I am thrilled her passion for softball drove her to take the risk of trying a new team.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
I am glad to hear her excitement has returned. My daughter switched teams at the end of summer and she has a completely different attitude as well. She loves the team she is on and is also excited about practice and playing. The new team as offered her more opportunities by playing a lot more and being in a better spot in the batting line up which has resulted in her making some clutch hits. The new coaches keep practice fun for the girls and as a 10u team that is important since most are playing year round. There were some things I miss about the other team but I sure would not trade it for her happiness she has now with her new team.
Best of luck to you and your daughter with you new team.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sounds like you made an excellent decision! Change is always difficult, but if the change is in the best interest of your DD, it is worth the risk. Don't turn back!

Jul 2, 2013
Once you find the magic, it is very important to discover/understand why and how it happened. Also remember now how special it is and not be drawn into the negative thoughts others may want to pursue.

Softball changes constantly. There are good times and bad times. When the bad times come again (hopefully never, but probable) remember how you were able to get the magic back, and draw on this experience as a template.

It is so good to hear about folks who are having the time of their life. It is the joy of the game. Wish it happened to everyone, all the time, and usually does for the ones who stay positive and remember what makes you and DD happy. It is different for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207