New Jersey Intensity

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
I see girls from all parts of the country playing for them

How do girls from different states hook up with teams like New Jersey Intensity ?

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The owner of the NJ Intensity, Kevin O'Donell, is the owner of the D9 showcases and clinics. He also has training facilities in various locations across the country. The NJI has a very good reputation for getting players recruited and receives invites to all of the major showcases - Independence, Legacy, Demarini, ect. There are a lot of players who do not mind the travel and want the exposure playing for a "marquee" team brings - especially players from areas where a "marquee" team is not available. The NJI also try to play at PGF Nationals every year.

My DD met Eileen Hannigan, head coach of the 16U NJI, during a D9 skills showcase/clinic in Vero Beach, FL last December. Eileen invited my DD to play pick up with her team whenever she was available. In May my DD was invited to participate in the July OnDeck skills showcase in CO, my first call was to Eileen to see if DD could pick up with her team for the Independence showcase. We did not want to fly to CO for just a one day camp. The stars lined up and we had a GREAT experience, played some great competition (Batbusters, Corona Angels, Southern Cal Athletics), and averaged 15+ college coaches watching our games. While the travel schedule with the NJI is not for everyone, I cannot tell you how much my DW and I appreciate all Eileen has done for our DD from a recruiting perspective. She is a HUGE part of the reason my DD is verballed.

We recently played this team in a Surf City showcase, very good team. I was speaking with one of the parents and he was telling me the diffrent states all of the girls were from. There were girls from all over the east coast it seemed playing on the team. I dont know how they do it, practices, chemistry, etc but they were a very good team. The parents were great, we actually sat in their bleachers during a game break. It looks like a very good organization. I was just thinking of the money the parents shell out for all of the travel the team does, but in the end it is worth it. The kids are getting exposure and playing against some of the best competition in the nation on a regular basis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom