New Bats for 2013

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
How long did it take you to get the replacement? I just called yesterday. What size did you replace? We need a 33/24. It was difficult to find the One-X in that size. I'm hoping it's not as hard to get the Xeno.

I filed the claim last Thursday, received the bat yesterday-
8 days total, returned the onex in the box that Xeno arrived in.
Like mentioned on the other thread, the customer service at LS
is outstanding. Bat size 33/23. There are no Onex bats in any size
there is a 100% voluntary recall on all onex bats

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2009
I don't want to wade into a fire storm here, but I think those bagging on Easton are not thinking clearly about this. The ethical rules that he agreed to abide by required him to recuse himself from the vote.

“If anybody had an interest in keeping softball in, it was me. It sells product,” Easton said. “But I was really put in a very difficult position. Had I voted, they probably would not have accepted the election [on softball's status]. They would have had a re-vote without me. I had a conflict of interest, and the ethical rules were very clear. I went to the head of the IOC Ethics Commission and the [IOC] president, and they both said I couldn’t vote. All I would have done is made a fool of myself if I tried.”

The man put his own financial gain second to his ethical concerns. This isn't something to vilify the man about; it's something to celebrate. Sometimes doing the ethical thing sucks, and in this case, it sucked for him and for softball fans, but it was the right thing to do IMO. Makes me want to buy more Easton stuff.

Nov 14, 2011
I don't want to wade into a fire storm here, but I think those bagging on Easton are not thinking clearly about this. The ethical rules that he agreed to abide by required him to recuse himself from the vote.

The man put his own financial gain second to his ethical concerns. This isn't something to vilify the man about; it's something to celebrate. Sometimes doing the ethical thing sucks, and in this case, it sucked for him and for softball fans, but it was the right thing to do IMO. Makes me want to buy more Easton stuff.

I respectfully disagree. He put aside the hopes and dreams of thousands of young ladies that play softball by him not voting. Not sure how his financial gain was less important. He still has the contracts now that he did before he didn't vote. There has been others who have contradicted his take on the vote. He could have voted, he chose not to.

If you want to purchase more Easton products because he killed the dreams of thousands of softball players that is your call. I have a feeling that for one of you still buying there are two of us who won't.

Dec 19, 2012

Exactly. Also, Jim Easton does not own the baseball/softball equipment part of the business anymore. He sold it a few years ago. He sold it so he could be a voice in the potential reinstatement of baseball and softball in the Olympics, which he would be able to do it ethically since he does not have a financial interest in it anymore.

Nov 14, 2011
He could have voted in the first place. There was no conflict of interest in many peoples minds. If it is true that his vote wouldn't have counted then why wouldn't he have voted anyways? It is the principle that he chose not to vote and that softball was kicked out of the Olympics. Stand up and support the players in the industry that made you your $$$.

Back on topic. I still vote for Demarini and the CF5 lineup. I would vote for LS, but they have horrible quality problems with their Xeno and OneX bats.

Oct 19, 2009
Seems I remember it claimed that Easton wanted to replace softball with golf, and that was the reason he sustained from voting. Short term goal was to get Tiger Woods a Gold Metal and Easton’s long term goals was to introduce a line of golf equipment.

I think golf is in the 2016 games.

I for one have not purchased an Easton equipment after that happen.

DD uses a Demarini CF5 and loves the bat. :D

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2012
NJ
Am I seeing a pattern here? A lot of Xenos being returned cause they break? My DD's team had two of them break last year. The company may have a great return policy and it sounds like it needs to. My DD has used the same CF-4 for a couple of years and loves it. While the niece took her old red and white Vendetta (I dont recall how old it is but she has had it for years) to college. I am not saying it is bullet proof but I think more of them hold up a little better.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Am I seeing a pattern here? A lot of Xenos being returned cause they break? My DD's team had two of them break last year. The company may have a great return policy and it sounds like it needs to. My DD has used the same CF-4 for a couple of years and loves it. While the niece took her old red and white Vendetta (I dont recall how old it is but she has had it for years) to college. I am not saying it is bullet proof but I think more of them hold up a little better.

Actually, those red and white Vendettas were notorious for breaking at the connection point. If you have many years of use with it, that's great! One quick question - your niece uses a -12 bat in college?

Nov 21, 2012
New England
Never had a xeno or onex but DD used cf5 last year and we just got easton fs1 for this year. Biggest difference i noticed in swinging both bats myself is the cf5 has more flex and fs1 definitely seems stiffer. Also i havent weighed it but the fs1 seems more than just 1 ounce heavier.
Bouncing a ball up and down the down the barrel it is easy to see the fs1 does have a longer sweet spot.
That being said, she loves both bats and will probably use the cf5 against faster pitchers until she gets use to the fs1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl