New Bats for 2013

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
or if they have a strong preference for any of the other bats on the site.

Sorry, hadn't noticed this part. I'd probably go for a -10 CF5. I see that they're selling those.

BTW, I'll never forgive Jim Easton. That vote took place in 2005, at a time when there was a lot of anti-American sentiment. The sport only needed a majority of votes to be retained. After he recused himself, the vote was 52-52, and softball was out, due to the lack of that one vote.

From an article back then:

They'rrre out! Baseball, softball out of Olympics
Sports eliminated for 2012 Games, but could win way back in 2016
The Associated Press
updated 11:41 p.m. CT, Fri., July 8, 2005
SINGAPORE - The International Olympic Committee delivered a shocking message to baseball and softball on Friday: Yer out!

The two sports were kicked out of the Olympics, unwanted by international sports officials who felt they were too American for the world sports stage.

The decision, made during a secret vote in Singapore, is effective for the 2012 London Games, meaning the two sports will have a final fling at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The sports, the first eliminated since polo in 1936, are eligible to reapply for the 2016 Games.

U.S. women won all three gold medals since softball joined the Olympics, at the 1996 Atlanta, 2000 Sydney and 2004 Athens Games. American pitcher Lisa Fernandez, a three-time gold medalist, blamed the decision on IOC president Jacques Rogge.

“Rogge has basically conspired against the sports to get them removed. We had done our job as a sport world wide to show we belong,” she said. “I feel one person, the president of the IOC, a person from Europe, has taken it upon himself to ruin the lives of millions, actually billions of women.”

Crystl Bustos, who hit a record five homers during the 2004 Olympics, said the one-sidedness of the softball tournament should not have been used as a factor. The Americans outscored opponents 51-1.

“If that did play a role in the decision, then that’s pretty pathetic,” she said. “I don’t mean to cut anybody down, but it’s supposed to be the best of the best, and if you get knocked for your excellence, then that’s just not right.”

Two-time gold medal-winning infielder Dot Richardson said the Olympic dream “was ripped away from the 126 countries that play the sport of softball, that just vanished.”

“I’ve always seen in athletics an anti-American sentiment throughout the world. Most of it is through jealousy or envy,” she said. “I just don’t know if this had anything to do with that.”

Jennie Finch, the U.S. team’s star who pitched two shutouts in Athens, was shocked by the news.

“It’s devastating and heartbreaking, all combined,” she said. “Especially because the sport’s at an all-time high right now. I know it’s devastating for the young girls.

“We’re going to do all we can to get the sport back for 2016.”

Nov 14, 2011
Neither, Xeno durability issues, Easton because of the Olympic vote issue.I Like the CF5 insane, rocketech or miken products, that's my 2cents.

I second the no buy on Easton products because of the Olympic issue. I like the CF5. Hot bat, and very durable.

Mar 29, 2012
My favorite is the CF5, That's what my DD uses. Also has MIken Freak and it was a good bat as well.

heard good things about the 454 legit as well.

Feb 8, 2009
I understand the reluctance to buy a xeno because of durability issues. I have worked with 3 girls the last year all using xenos. One of the girls bats had to be replaced after a month. The other 2 have lasted past their warranties. The xeno is the hottest bat I have seen. I havent seen a close 2nd (between CF5, stealth, and rockettech).

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I have never been crazy about Easton bats.
LS xeno is a great bat, DD just received her replacement for the One-x
(recalled) and likes it much more than the old xeno but not as much as the onex
that we just returned.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
I have never been crazy about Easton bats.
LS xeno is a great bat, DD just received her replacement for the One-x
(recalled) and likes it much more than the old xeno but not as much as the onex
that we just returned.

How long did it take you to get the replacement? I just called yesterday. What size did you replace? We need a 33/24. It was difficult to find the One-X in that size. I'm hoping it's not as hard to get the Xeno.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How long did it take you to get the replacement? I just called yesterday. What size did you replace? We need a 33/24. It was difficult to find the One-X in that size. I'm hoping it's not as hard to get the Xeno.

Louisville Slugger's policy is they ship the replacement back to you the same way you ship to them. Therefore, you ship next day air you can expect a 3 day turn around - 1 day to them, 1 day to process, 1 day return shipping.

Jun 21, 2010
Louisville Slugger cross shipped for us. Even before I shipped the bat I got a noticed the replacement was shipped. I forgot to mentioned the -10 drop so hoping it's a 32/22--I mentioned 32.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
My DD has the Miken Freak NXT Lite and the Worth 454 Legit Lite. She uses both. They both have great sound, pop and are durable so far. She's had the Miken a full year now and no issues at all. I've read about the Worth chipping but haven't experienced any issues in the first 3 months. Most girls on the team swing CF??? something and they seem nice. One of the bats is chipping on the handle around the Carbon Fiber/Composite material and will soon need to be replaced.

After hearing about Easton i will not purchase a single product containing their logo, brand or anything i know is an Easton product. An American voting against the sport that pays his salary??? Something wrong there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl