New Bat suggestions! Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2024
Central texas
My daughter is 8 turns 9 October. She's VERY strong. She has been using a 31in Spryte -12 bat since she first started in spring. I am going to get her a new bat and will be moving down to a 30. I know most 8 9 year Olds tend to use 28 29 but my kid is 4ft 11in. She's TALL. With that being said, what bat would you suggest for a very strong hitter? I'd like it to hold out for atleast a year. Price really isn't a factor I just want what's best for her. Please keep in mind she is stupid strong. She swings fast and with a lot of strength behind it.

Jun 22, 2024
Central texas
Only reason I wanted to move down was because she's been doing batting lessons and he has her use a 30 instead of her 31 and she seems to do way more line drives right down the middle and this is her first year doing softball so didn't want to give her something she couldn't control

Sep 19, 2018
any brands top of the line bat is going to out perform what she has. I believe that the top end bats all perform very similarly. It comes down to what she likes.

You can’t go wrong buying a ghost (double stamp or advanced). That is what 80%?of the girls in my area (NY/NJ) swing.

My dd uses a ghost advanced. She also has a mizuno power carbon she uses in BP maybe 15% of the time. The power carbon has reset her BP personal distance record 2 times. Yet she still uses the ghost in games.

As money is no object, Limit her choices to the top end bats. Then Let her pick the one that she wants.

Apr 26, 2019
Whatever you decide to get for her, LET HER TRY IT OUT FIRST. The name that comes with it may be "the best" but if she doesn't like it, it doesn't matter.

My daughter won't use an Easton Ghost bat. She absolutely refuses, and won't consider it when it's time for a new bat. It doesn't matter if it is a cage bat or game bat. She says "it doesn't feel right" to her. Her choice is LS LXT. That's all she's used for the last 3 years.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
No idea? I'm sorry I know nothing about softball. I just feel like she has better results with a 30 vs her 31. The 30 she uses in her lessons is 22oz I believe
I don't believe it's a 30-22, as that would be a drop 8 bat, and no one makes them in that size for softball.

If you have a store close to you, have her try out several bats, including a 31. The reason she hits the 30 better might be because it's heavier, even if it's not a 22. If she's that strong, consider a 31-21, or a 32-21. Ask her batting instructor what they feel she can handle. But, most importantly, try out several different bats from several manufacturers. Some swear by Easton Ghost bats, while others hate them. Up until last month, they sold the most of any bats on the market. Last month, the LS Kryo, at least at my store, blew by everything else.

Lastly, let her pick based on feel, not what someone else has or suggests.

Jun 22, 2024
Central texas
I don't believe it's a 30-22, as that would be a drop 8 bat, and no one makes them in that size for softball.

If you have a store close to you, have her try out several bats, including a 31. The reason she hits the 30 better might be because it's heavier, even if it's not a 22. If she's that strong, consider a 31-21, or a 32-21. Ask her batting instructor what they feel she can handle. But, most importantly, try out several different bats from several manufacturers. Some swear by Easton Ghost bats, while others hate them. Up until last month, they sold the most of any bats on the market. Last month, the LS Kryo, at least at my store, blew by everything else.

Lastly, let her pick based on feel, not what someone else has or suggests.
Kyro is one she was looking at as well. She likes ghost but I do believe it's because that's the 'cool' bat to have. Her batting coach said he has her use the 30 just to have more control over the bat. I'll have to figure out the weight when we see him next. She's very new to softball so she just started learning how to handle her bat. Before it was hard ground balls and she flipped her wrist over everytime. I might stick with a 31 since she has improved but definitely moving up from the spryte.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury