Need interpretation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 28, 2023
It appears rather straigtforward in explaination.
Tell me if im interpreting this wrong.
So...
If enough girls (ages 11-12) satisfy major team numbers, I feel it's saying that 9-10 year olds default back to minor team
20240212_114346.jpg

Jul 26, 2022
I believe it is saying that you can't split your 11-12 year olds into one Majors division and your 9-10 year olds into a second Majors division for younger players. However, if you have 9-10 year olds registered they can play in the one Majors division that your league is allowed.

It is up to the player agent + board whether all 11-12 year olds must be allowed to play in Majors. Little League rules only require 12 year olds to be placed in Majors. However, there is a waiver available if a 12 year old wants to be placed in a Minors division. Our league would typically allow a very strong 10 year old to play Majors over a very weak 11 year old, but would not displace a 12 year old for an 11 or 10 year old.

Dec 28, 2023
Thanks Starman...

You saying the :
"For instance, if the local league has all 11-12 year olds in the Majors, and all 9-10s in another division"

Is actually coming from the agreement made by local league ...
"A local league may choose to limit its Major Division to 10-, 11- and 12-year-olds, or 11-12-year-olds"

is this what you mean?

Jul 26, 2022
Little League rules only say that 9-12 year olds are eligible for Majors and that 12 year olds must be in Majors unless they have a waiver. Anything else is up to the policy of your local league. I would suggest that you download the Little League rulebook app. All of the rules regarding player selection are in there.

Dec 28, 2023
I have downloaded the rule book, but cannot find the "policy of local league".. which obviously is not open to public... it seems I'd have to approach the board members... One of which is causing/has caused havoc to suit his DD and his coach positioning.

This is why I want full certainty BEFORE approaching them.

Do I just petition for 11-12 year olds for Major team? Or do I call headquarters and discuss?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles