Need Glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2024
FWIW, I have a Marucci Cypress (adult baseball glove - I coach the boys) and while I love it, it took quite a while to break in.

Just a thought, but for the boys around this age I generally recommend the Oxbow in the Marucci lineup. Have not yet seen the fastpitch Oxbow (my daughter is younger) but would assume it’s similar.
I would send whatever she decides on to Maven glove or someone that's recommended here for break-in. I did have just gloves do there prep service on the a2000 so that one isn't too bad. We could probably break that in by practicing daily.

Jul 15, 2024
I would send whatever she decides on to Maven glove or someone that's recommended here for break-in. I did have just gloves do there prep service on the a2000 so that one isn't too bad. We could probably break that in by practicing daily.
Good call if you go with the stiffer glove.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome here, and hopefully follow ups in a year or two. DD will be there one day.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
12.5 for size and get good quality...make sure she wears it two in the pinky, at that point any web style is fine! I love Rawlings HOH, but that's just one of many great options.

Jul 3, 2024
Good call if you go with the stiffer glove.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome here, and hopefully follow ups in a year or two. DD will be there one day.
I will post the outcome. We will practice with the Wilson tomorrow and she has a 3 hour camp Sunday morning. My wife may kill me as I went a little crazy with bats this year but I'm kinda leaning on keeping 2 incase something happens to the first one. Anyone think thats a good idea or a waste of money?

Apr 26, 2019
I will post the outcome. We will practice with the Wilson tomorrow and she has a 3 hour camp Sunday morning. My wife may kill me as I went a little crazy with bats this year but I'm kinda leaning on keeping 2 incase something happens to the first one. Anyone think thats a good idea or a waste of money?
I tend not to get into other people's pockets. My my daughter, we have a few, three bats. One is basically her game bat. The other two are practice/cage bats that she can use in a pinch if necessary.

The cage bats we bought used but still in good to very good condition. They are the same make and model but not necessarily the same year.

Jul 3, 2024
I understand and I should have clarified but i meant keeping 2 gloves. We have 3 bats as well that we are keeping.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury