Need Glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2024
Hey guys, what gloves do you recommend for outfield? My daughter is 12. Will be 13 in October and starting travel ball soon.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey guys, what gloves do you recommend for outfield? My daughter is 12. Will be 13 in October and starting travel ball soon.
RHT or LHT?
Regardless of manufacturer, I recommend a 12.5" / 12.75" Six-Finger Trap baseball glove worn TIP with her index finger kept inside the glove.

Jul 3, 2024
RHT or LHT?
Regardless of manufacturer, I recommend a 12.5" / 12.75" Six-Finger Trap baseball glove worn TIP with her index finger kept inside the glove.
Thank you. Right hand throw. I was hoping you would reply as you seem to be pretty passionate about gloves. Which models would you recommend?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thank you. Right hand throw. I was hoping you would reply as you seem to be pretty passionate about gloves. Which models would you recommend?
I was gonna ask what level she's at....you said she's just going to start travel ball, is that for the first time, she's just been playing rec?

Jul 3, 2024
I was gonna ask what level she's at....you said she's just going to start travel ball, is that for the first time, she's just been playing rec?
She played rec ball the past 2 years. This will be her first year playing travel ball.

Jul 3, 2024
No need, I'd say she's small.
Which gloves would you recommend?

I found a few. What do you think? Why the six finger trap vs another pocket?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Which gloves would you recommend?

I found a few. What do you think? Why the six finger trap vs another pocket?

I was actually gonna post the Wilson OT6 earlier today, think it was JustBallGloves that have them for $239? I just don’t know how well your daughter would get along with the hand stall size?

The reason, the Six-Finger Trap web forms the best pocket of any web out there! The web collapses on both sides of the ball and on top when caught correctly in the pocket. Mike Trout and Ken Griffey Jr. cant both be wrong!

Here’s the only one I have left...IMG_2448.jpegIMG_0899.jpegIMG_0898.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury