My picks for the super-regional

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
12 out of 16 picks right for the regionals.

Texas and LSU folded like lawn chairs--which makes me really wonder if Alabama is as good as everyone says they are. Hawaii outlasted Stanford, and Arizona squeaked by Hofstra(???).

My picks:

I don't think Alabama is as good as everyone says they are, but I'm still picking Alabama over Hawaii.

Missouri over Oregon--this is perhaps the most difficult decision. Missouri didn't play particularly well, and won their regional. Oregon played great. Perhaps Missouri will wake up and win this one.

UCLA over ULL--what most people don't know is that University of Louisiana-Lafayette has a very proud softball tradition. ULL used to be Southwest Louisiana State. They have been to the CWS times. They were playing softball while the SEC was debating whether southern girls should even touch a softball.

Arizona State over Florida--no, I don't think Florida is as good as everyone wishes they were.

Washington over Oklahoma--Can anyone say "Danielle Lawrie"?

California over Georgia--California is very good this year.

Arizona luckily got out of the regional. By all rights, I should be picking BYU over Arizona. I can't...I just can't predict "BYU beats Arizona". So, I'm going with Arizona.

Michigan over Tennessee. Michigan is just too good this year.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
The regionals have been crazy with Georgia being eliminated. And UNC sure gave Washington a run for their money!

I'd love to see ULL win over UCLA, that would make my day.

May 4, 2010
I enjoyed watching UNC and Washington! Such a hard fought pitching battle and I hated to see either one of them lose. I just couldn't make up my mind in the Atlanta regional ;) I was rooting for Auburn to win, but since that didn't happen I couldn't help but root for Oregon. I loved the exciting ending to the Oregon/GA Tech game and for a freshman pitcher she sure held it together pretty darn good! Especially going against the amazing Jen Yee!

I should not do picks since I don't follow the teams enough to know what they are truly like but I will take a shot :)
Washington over Oklahoma
Oregon over Missouri
UCLA over LA Lafayette
Florida over Arizona State
Michigan over Tennessee - GO BLUE :)
Arizona over BYU
Georgia over California
Alabama over Hawaii --- having watched Alabama a few times this season I agree with you that they are a bit over rated too, but I am not familiar with Hawaii except for what they talk about in the pregame and post game shows

Sep 3, 2009
Alabama over Hawaii - 2 games
Missouri over Oregon - 3 games
UCLA over UL - 2 games
Arizona State over Florida - 3 games
Oklahoma over Washington - 3 games
Georgia over Cal - 2 games
Arizona over BYU - 3 games
Michigan over Tennessee - 3 games

Jul 26, 2008
Arizona
Hawaii over Bama