Moving from 35-40 ft and bigger ball in one day!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2013
I agree with all of you, but I'm not the coach and they have tried to find other tourney's around. Most of these girls are moving up to 12" ball and 40' pitching next season anyway, guess they just have to transition a little faster than the rest. Our practice game last night went very well, we have 1-2 pitchers that are doing okay. On the other hand, my DD pitched half an inning and it was UGLY!

Jul 17, 2012
Just found out our 10U team has to play in the 12U division this weekend because of not enough 10U teams. Our girls, including my DD have to go back 5 ft and use the 12" balls. We tried it last night and it didn't work out well for our pitchers. We have another practice game tomorrow. I took my DD out tonight to practice, it started out horrible and got a little better. A few days just isn't enough time to get them prepared. Plus, our catchers are missing everything and runs are scoring constantly. Okay, end of rant!

I'll make this sound even more challenging. My DD just finished pitching in the 9-10 LL All Star tournament. She's league age 10, so she HAD to move down to 9-10 division which uses the 11" ball at 35'. I didn;t even let her touch a 12" ball from the last 4 weeks. Last night she had her Pitching Lesson and went back to the 12" ball and 40'. She was VERY erradic and uncomfortable. She pitched all season from 40' with the 12" ball, and I can tell it's going to take a few days for her to get used to it again. I can only imagine it's WAY more than a few days for someone that never threw that ball from that distance to get used to it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06