Most games in a day

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
What is the most games you've played in a day. I just got our Saturday schedule and we have 4 games. Seems like 1 too many especially because it's supposed to be really hot and humid.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
What age? 4 games for 10U is tough, but at 14U and above it is pretty common on Sundays. Single elimination Sundays we've played up to 5 games, and an older team in our organization played 7 games in a Sunday double-elimination bracket once. The advantage of 4 on Saturday is that you can plan your line up better in terms of resting pitchers and catchers, but hard to do when it comes to single elimination days. Make sure you rest your catchers and pitchers at every opportunity, and that your entire team stays very well hydrated!

Oct 10, 2011
This is only our second week at the 18u level. I guess at 14U we did that many on Sundays occasionally but she never played:rolleyes:

We had a thread on this a while ago when someone did 7. Most say 4 to 5 is pretty common doing the zero to hero run through the losers bracket on Sunday. Our team did 5 on a run through the losers bracket to win PONY regionals.....12U and that was in July in Austin, Texas

Jul 9, 2012
We have done 5 twice, both times it took six to come all the way back and win the if game. But at that point we were out of pitching, catching, and any semblance of mental acuity. It was on shear muscle memory and luck to win 4 straight on a Sunday after losing the first one.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We have played 5 in a day on several occasions at 12U and 14U. We prefer playing 3 or 4 in a day, depending on how much depth we have at pitcher and catcher.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
My 10U dd just played 6 straight with no break last Sunday to come out of the losers bracket. That was too much softball for 10 year olds. They were wore out. They played great though. Very proud of them. They took 2nd in the tournament.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl