Monday Brag 4-18

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
What wonderful things did your kids do this weekend?

We played a 7GG. During game 2 my DD was pitching and took a hard hit to her shin. I knew it was really bad because she didn't finish the play. I've never seen her so hurt she didn't finish the play, and she's taken some pretty decent hits before. She's got a big purple knot. She sat the rest of the game for fielding, had it elevated with ice on it. Until her time to bat, then she went up and hit a triple. It would have been a legit homerun had she not been hurt. Big field and it was way back.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
My catcher DD hit 2 2 run homers on Friday, threw 2 girls out at second, almost got a girl out at third (third baseman didn't get the tag call) and got interviewed for the local paper. Then on Sat she got an acceptance letter for National Honor Society.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
DD2 had 2 games Sunday, went 3-3 with 2 doubles, 2 walks, 2 RBIs, and 4 runs. She pitched in the 2nd game of the doubleheader, taking over in the 2nd inning, striking out all 12 batters she faced in 3 innings (do the math, a few D3Ks that got on base). It was a good confidence-boosting day for her.

Dec 27, 2014
4GG. Pool play DD went 5 innings, 0 runs, 3 hits, 12k's and 0 walks in her one game. I think this is the first time in her whopping one year of pitching she has gone this many innings without a walk in the same game. This team was no slouch. They went on to win the silver bracket, which I was happy for them. Very nice team with excellent sportsmanship.

Gold bracket play DD got the eventual champion and could not overcome a lot of sloppy fielding...by herself, mostly. But, was great to see her hang in there against a lot of extra batters! :p

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
8U. My DD got a another hit and this time an RBI! Her last at bat she at a legit pop up but the pitcher caught it. My first base coach told she was out while on the bag. She raised her arms up in doubt. Her reaction was classic. It was like she was saying, "What do you mean she caught it in the air? That doesn't happen!" So far 2 for 6 this season. I have high hopes for Tuesday's game. It could be our first win in 8u.

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
PUT IT IN THE BOOKS!!! First win of the season, 5-4! DD continues to impress with another hit and solid play at 1B. On a personal note, first win as a 8U softball manager. Girls are happy, I'm happy, but back to work tonight with practice. Another game Saturday and All-Star / Tournament Team tryouts on Sunday.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD struggled this weekend, won both games she pitched, but she was behind on every batter and threw a lot of pitches per inning. I think she has "prom fever", which hopefully will be over after this weekend. Her best pitch was her change up, which we have been working on, but the fact that it was her best pitch scares the hell out of me! An opposing player actually said "watch out for her change up" when she returned to the dugout after striking out. No one has EVER said "watch her change up" before, so there is that.....DD also struggled at the plate, so we tried something new this week in BP.
Katherine - new look for BP.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd