Mission Accomplished IMO.............

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
Raise your hand if you have MORE KNOWLEDGE today about high level mechanics and hows/whys they are created then you did before I authored my Internal Rotation and I/R in the Classroom threads.......If you can raise your hand in affirmation........MISSION ACCOMPLISHED..........

If you know more about the fastpitch motion and whip, now, then before my writings........MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.......

If my sharing of knowledge has helped you IN ANY WAY........Whether through better recognition of high level mechanics that enhances debate/discussion.........And/Or in helping formulate or improve ADVANCED LEVEL theory and/or instruction if you are an instructor, when it's internalized or externalized............MISSION ACCOMPLISHED..........

If I've helped you as a parent of a student better recognize high vs. low level instruction.........And that knowledge has benefited certain instructors...........MISSION ACCOMPLISHED........

If I've simply helped you put your finger on "that thing" you knew about/have seen/have done, and you just couldn't put your finger on EXACTLY what it is/was.......MISSION ACCOMPLISHED..........

AND..................

If you're someone who's angry or jealous that any/all of this may have occurred, and continue to make a negative from such a huge positive.............MISSION ACCOMPLISHED..........

Last.......If I put a complete damper on your status as "a guru" in the world of fastpitch instruction, because you have been exposed by my writings............MISSION ACCOMPLISHED..........

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Without a doubt, you have affected the entire community of Fallbrook California. I will be a pitching NAZI in spring and will eradicate all vestiges of H/E from our league. But don't be getting any ideas about an exit there big feller....you have to finish what you started, so I expect you to be here for a long...long time.

Jun 18, 2010
But don't be getting any ideas about an exit there big feller....you have to finish what you started, so I expect you to be here for a long...long time.

Ditto ^^^^^^^

You have impacted DDs pitching more that you'll ever know, I can't thank you enough.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I'll share this on the topic....

My DD went off the beaten path with the I/R instruction....no PC, just me, her, a bucket and this board. She dominated the league last spring and went from never pitching in March to All star starter in May. We went down this path just based on the I/R in the classroom thread and me trying it out and having a lightbulb moment that this is how they do it. meaning "this is how those D1 girls I see throw so fast".

Meanwhile, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE else in our league was going to clinics and PCs with instruction that was H/E.

Beginning of season- DD threw 90% balls with an HBP mixed in. Looked like she had no potential-but those balls were fast and the HBPs hurt.
Middle of season-Occasion strikeout, lots walks-still we looked foolish because other girls were throwing strikes.
Right before end of season- DD had a couple of innings of brilliance, struck out the side twice but lost it later.
End of season-more strikeouts than walks and she won the championship for us.

Not one hitter ever hit a ball fair on her the whole year.

Flash forward and as I posted in another thread, she went from never throwing a pitch in March to being asked to try out for 12U TB in November. Why? Because of BM's (and Ricks and Hillhouses) methodology. I throw them in because at the beginning of our journey, it was the Pauleygirl youtube slowmotion videos of Sarah and the Hillhouse videos that got me thinking that everything we've been shown is a lie and got me searching for things like "fastpitch softball whip" on Google nd led me to this site.

It's to the point now where I feel like I have an unfair advantage over the other dads, I share it though and have directed many people to this site. I'm just surprised by how any dads and coaches don't give a sh*t. When my second demon starts mowing them down this year (she just agreed to learn how to pitch) maybe more people will start asking what my secret is.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Hey, is this like a "Thanks" drive?

Seriously,
Those threads and many of your posts since have helped me and and the kids I work with. I'll toot that horn! My hope is that your contributions help drive a revolution or information highway reform that helps rid the world of wrist flips, bowling and THE SCOURGE (HE.)

Thank you for your time, big werds and persistence,
Ken

Aug 20, 2013
You saved us from tons of misery for sure. We were only about 2 1/2 months into lessons with a HE instructor when I found this site. So luckily we only had to undo 2 1/2 months. We are no where near where we need to be, but well on our way.

GG

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Why "BoardMember?" I hereby nominate "BoardMember" as "Chairman of the Board" with regards to his contribution to pitching mechanics education here on this website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan