Midwest ballers.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Three KC Metro players with big weekends:

Alex Hugo: SEC Player of the Week.

Alex Hugo and Cortni Emanuel each earned weekly honors by the Southeastern Conference, it was announced today. Hugo was named the SEC Player of the Week, while Emanuel earned SEC Freshman of the Week honors.

Hugo finished with a .529 batting average after finishing with nine hits, including two doubles, three triples and three home runs. She led the team with 16 RBI over six games. The Olathe, Kan., native finished second on the team with nine runs and also drew four walks. Additionally, she finished with eight extra-base hits and slugged 1.529 and posted an on-base percentage of .619.

Kiki Stokes: Big 10 Offensive Player of the Week.

Junior Kiki Stokes was honored for an outstanding opening weekend when she was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week Monday. The honor was the first of Stokes’ career.

Stokes set the table for an explosive offense that led the Huskers to a 4-1 record and the Hotel Encanto Invitational title last weekend. Stokes hit .650 in the five games, going 13-for-20 at the plate with one double, two home runs and 10 RBIs out of the leadoff spot in the Husker order. She posted a 1.000 slugging percentage and reached base at a .682 clip.

A native of Olathe, Kan., Stokes hit safely in all five games, including four multi-hit efforts. She also produced three games with multiple RBIs and scored in each of Nebraska’s five games, scoring multiple runs in four contests.

Paige Parker throws ninth perfect game in OU softball history.

Freshman Paige Parker set down all 15 batters she faced to throw the ninth perfect game in Oklahoma history as the No. 4/3 Sooners (5-0) shut out Hawaii (3-2), 8-0, in five innings to win the title game at the Oceanic Time Warner Paradise Classic in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Parker struck out a career-high nine batters and did not allow a single Hawaii player to reach base. She needed only 70 pitches to record the first perfect game by a Sooner since Keilani Ricketts against Kansas on March 30, 2012.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2010
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Freshman Jenna Lilley came into the season with considerable hype as one of the top recruits in the nation out of Hoover HS in North Canton, Ohio. The third baseman certainly delivered, going 10-of-19 over her first six collegiate games (.526). Lilley homered in the Ducks’ run-rule win over Texas and had three hits against both the Longhorns and North Carolina. Oregon’s offense scored 55 runs against a tough schedule at the Kajikawa Classic. Lilley had eight of those runs scored.

Apr 11, 2012
I am glad to have had my DD play with and mostly against (for the last 5 years) against Paige Parker....but I am really glad we do not have to face her any more....my DD HS did beat the three time Gatorade Player of the Year (Missouri) her in the state quarter game two years ago, but lost 5 times to her last summer....she's got to be the best freshmen pitcher / hitter in the country....

Mar 26, 2013
I find Parker's scoreless 1.2-inning save against DePaul more impressive than her 5 perfect innings against Hawaii. DePaul roughed up Stevens in both games and Hawaii failed to score off Pendley in 7 innings.

Parker is in a great situation at OU. She has great support and isn't expected/needed to do more than she's capable of doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32