Mevo Disaster!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
So, I had arrived in Clearwater, FL, for the Southeastern League National qualifier, ready to stream games to YouTube using my trusty Mevo Plus, when I get this message...

"Effective 12/01/2020. YouTube will enforce the 1000 subscriber requirement for users using the built-in YouTube option in the Mevo app, you can read about this requirement here. If you do not meet this requirement you can still go live to YouTube via RTMP."

WHAT THE F#$@!?!?!?!?!? I had not streamed games since before Thanksgiving, so I was caught totally off guard....

Fortunately, I already had a Twitch account set-up, and I was able to redirect the stream there... but it caused mass confusion with the viewers who have been watching YouTube reliably for almost a year... Try explaining to your 76 year old mother what "Twitch.tv" is....

I will look into the RTMP streaming, but didn't have time to figure that out during the tournament.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Yes, it is a stinker what YouTube is doing. We are recommending to our customers to stream to a Facebook page if RTMP isn't an option.

Here's the Mevo documentation on configuring RTMP:

Here is a pretty good setup sheet that someone came up with on Facebook:

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Yes, it is a stinker what YouTube is doing. We are recommending to our customers to stream to a Facebook page if RTMP isn't an option.

Here's the Mevo documentation on configuring RTMP:

Here is a pretty good setup sheet that someone came up with on Facebook:

Josh - do you have that facebook setup sheet? The link above seems to no longer work.

I recently switched from Periscope for live feeds to using the new Team Manager video option.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
How is the Team Manager video working?

It is fantastic. It is all hosted inside the Team Manager app (the new version of GameChanger). 1080 resolution, with good audio and even overlays on the screen the team names and score, outs, and bases - all pulling on it's own from whomever is doing live scoring. Just have to be on an admin account to stream. Anyone that is listed as a family or fan of team gets notified of livestream the same as notified a game has begun scoring. Only downside is it is live only, it does not save the videos.

Been really happy with the quality. And now that it also shows the score and time in real time, makes it great.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
It is fantastic. It is all hosted inside the Team Manager app (the new version of GameChanger). 1080 resolution, with good audio and even overlays on the screen the team names and score, outs, and bases - all pulling on it's own from whomever is doing live scoring. Just have to be on an admin account to stream. Anyone that is listed as a family or fan of team gets notified of livestream the same as notified a game has begun scoring. Only downside is it is live only, it does not save the videos.

Been really happy with the quality. And now that it also shows the score and time in real time, makes it great.

Do you have to use your phone? I'm assuming you don't use the Mevo. I'm picturing a set-up where we livestream on Team Manager (we already use it), and record with Mevo Plus.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Josh - do you have that facebook setup sheet? The link above seems to no longer work.

I recently switched from Periscope for live feeds to using the new Team Manager video option.

Note: I am not the creator of this content. It was downloaded from the Mevo Customer Group. If you frequently use Mevo devices, I highly recommend becoming a member. There is a ton of useful information to be found. And as is common with forums, only slightly more non-useful information as well...your mileage may vary. Here is the page:
"https://www.facebook.com/groups/MevoCustomerGroup"

Attachments

• RTMP Cheat Sheet_v3 (1).pdf
    402.7 KB · Views: 19
Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
So, I had arrived in Clearwater, FL, for the Southeastern League National qualifier, ready to stream games to YouTube using my trusty Mevo Plus, when I get this message...

"Effective 12/01/2020. YouTube will enforce the 1000 subscriber requirement for users using the built-in YouTube option in the Mevo app, you can read about this requirement here. If you do not meet this requirement you can still go live to YouTube via RTMP."

WHAT THE F#$@!?!?!?!?!? I had not streamed games since before Thanksgiving, so I was caught totally off guard....

Fortunately, I already had a Twitch account set-up, and I was able to redirect the stream there... but it caused mass confusion with the viewers who have been watching YouTube reliably for almost a year... Try explaining to your 76 year old mother what "Twitch.tv" is....

I will look into the RTMP streaming, but didn't have time to figure that out during the tournament.

Why should it surprise you, YouTube is owned by Facebook?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00